Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry Panic AGAIN. Sister isn't well... URGENT, please!

So I posted a thread here last night. I had 3 anxiety attacks last night because my sister had been v*ing at work. (We work in the same shop and I worked with her all day). She did say that the pizza that she got the night before tasted funny but would her symptoms be like this if it was food poisoning? (She and her boyfriend shared the same pizza). She seemed okay last night and was eating again. But now she's being s* and has d* 24 hours later. Her boyfriend has it too. What do I do?! I'm PETRIFIED. She went to work today and then went to her boyfriend's house so she hasn't v*ed here in the house yet. She has had d* though. Is this the sv*? I feel like shutting myself in my room and not coming out until I know it's completely safe. I need advice on how to avoid this. Obviously I'm keeping my hands clean but is there anything else I can be doing?

Default Re: Panic AGAIN. Sister isn't well... URGENT, please!

do you have Lysol you can spray on all surfaces? Bleach works the best, but I also use Lysol on everything, and I mean everything. If her bf is feeling the same, I'm pretty sure it's food poinoning, but FP can also be noro...if someone was sick and prepared the food, they could have transmitted it that way. I would just keep away and clean everything. Boosting your immune system is certainly a good idea too. I take vitamins all year long so that I have a good defense to start with, then when someone around me is sick, I double up on my vitamins and my probiotics.
    Hope it's all over for you soon. I know how stressful it is, and I'm sorry you're going through this right now.

what your doing now is basically all you can do. just washing your hands with soap and water and keeping your hands away from your face is the best thing you can do. It could be an sv, just make sure when you go to the toilet, you wash your hands very well. i kno this must be scary but i dont think your gonna get sick
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

I can't even bring myself to use the toilet that she has. This is so awful. The pizza they got was from a takeaway; they didn't prepare it themselves. I'm literally living in a nightmare. I'm really really hoping it's food poisoning.
    I've been taking my Actimel drinks every morning so I'm hoping they'll save me. It's 4am here and I'm just sat in my bed with my mind racing and playing tricks on me. I cannot catch a break from this stupid phobia. I just want it all to be over.

i know how you feel. but your not gonna get sick. and they should start to be getting better now. how long has it been now?
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Well they ate the pizza on Monday night I think. After she'd v*ed at work on Tuesday morning, she'd try and eat something every time. She couldn't keep anything down so I told her to just stick to water for the time-being. (She could keep liquids down no problem). But I think the problem is that she will have tried to eat "normally" yesterday instead of giving her body a chance to get well again. By Tuesday night, she seemed absolutely fine in herself and was nibbling on some crisps. Then last night she texts me and tells me that she and her boyfriend were now experiencing v*ing and d*. I really hope I don't catch this.

i think she was going in too hard too fast with the food. they should nearly be over it soon. they just need to take it easy. but like i said, you're fine. you wont get it. so get some sleep and see how they are in the morning. you might be surprised and they could be much better

Thanks, I'll see if I can go back to sleep for a couple of hours then.