Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

OKAY--today at my appt. the girls and I were sitting in the waiting area (they just have a couple of long benches in there instead of individual chairs) and they had Scoobly Doo on the tv, so Logan and Haley sat in the middle of the bench in front of the tv beside a kid who was beside HIS mom. Well, the kid belched, so I made Logan move over by me--JUST IN CASE. Haley was about a foot and a half away from him--and YEP he threw up a little bit on the bench--about 1/4 of an inch from LOGAN'S COAT and then kept v'ing all the way to the bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOO freaking out that some of that infamous vomit "mist" got on them!! We were all sitting there together, I can't take this any more!!!!!!

And I didn't mean SCOOBLY doo--Scooby Doo!

it might not be a bug it the kid went to the doctor though, usually people dont. it could be food poisoning or dodgy food or something. Didnt you say before that your kids have had it? they shouldnt be able to catch it again. And i think catching it from v.. mist is very unlikely. Try not to worry too much, i really dont think the kid would be at the doctors for the bug
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

That's true people dont' usually go to or bring their kids to the doctor for a stomach virus cuz allt he doctor wills ay is "let it run it's course" horrible words! The kid could just have a sensitive stomach or something completely not contagious. Maybe he had some medicine perscribed and it was making him sick that that was why they were there, to get a new med? I'm sure you went home and washed everything and I dont' think your girls will catch anything. Hope you are feeling calmer!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Was the kid the one being seen or his mother? I was just assuming that you were at an OB/GYN office for your GTT. That is terrible! I would have freaked out and probably left the office!

Gosh Donna...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

You just cannot escape it can you. You have to admit even though you have had lots of scares that you havent gotten sick which is a good thing.

Did they leave after they got out of the bathroom? I hope so. Like the others said it may not have been contagious. I know that does not change the fact that you will worry again. UGH! You poor sweetie!

Have things died down in your area yet?...they seem to be in other areas. We are having a beautiful day today and I am proud to say that it is FINALLY a little better here.

Where do you live? Its suppose to rain here in Maryland FOR THE NEXT FREAKING WEEK! Can you say "UGH"~

Keep us posted!!

Yes, it was the OB's office. Hopefully the little bit he v'ed while we were in the room and semi close (within 3 ft. of him) as he v'ed wasn't enough to create a splatter to reach them. That's my only comfort. I am worried, I know they'll get sick. Easter is this weekend, I bought them beautiful dresses, they have a birthday party on THursday, and they're always sick on birthdays and holidays and other special occasions!!

Awwww Donna, I don't know what to tell you!!! You are constantly being faced with the big v* and I am constantly amazed at how brave you are and how well you cope with it!!! I honestly wish I could help you with this, but I have no words of advice or anything else. I do know though that like all other times, you'll be the Supermom that we know you are, and you'll emerge stronger. Because heck, if anyone has been faced with the v*, it's been you, and you've proved yourself to be so strong!! Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honestly, I really, really do not have anything strong left in me to handle them getting sick again. I really don't, I was just sitting here crying thinking about it. How if people can get the SV and not have been around any actual v****, my poor girls are definitely screwed. I really am feeling just drained, discouraged and hopeless. So, I am just going to moniter their diets so that they're not going to eat anything that will aggravate a SV and make them v** more. I really have no hope!

Oh....I am so sorry. I can see why you feel the way you do. You never know they might be just fine!!

Lots of prayers going your way!

Here too Donna,

I'm praying for you and Haley and Logan as well!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is scary but by no means inevitable that your children will get sick because another child vomited in the same room that you all were in. First of all, you don't know why the child vomited. It wasn't necessarily from something contagious. Secondly, I'm sure that all of us have been in the same room, even close by, when someone vomited, yet never caught anything. This happened all the time to me when I was a child - a kid will throw up in the classroom. Did all of the people within three feet of the child who had just gotten sick catch something? No.

So I believe all involved will remain well [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

TRUE~

Last year a couple of kids v* inConner's class and he never got sick. UGH! He knows to get as far away as possible[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] This was when I was due with Madison. Boy was I nervous!

Oh Donna I am so sorry you are going through thsi..even a non emet mom would be fed up by now.

all you can do is keep plugging along..you have made it thsi far..you cant give up now.

i knwo tis hard but TRY to stay positive and think of good things..its spring...easter is almsot here..and lord willing your little angels will look beautiful in their easter dresses.

wether you feel it or not you are strong and can get through this..we are all here to help you!!!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

It seems like every time I come online, your having another run in with the dreaded v*. **HUGS** I feel so bad for you. I doubt that your kids will get sick, so try not to worry, because you don't even know that the boy had the sv. I just wanted to know that even though you don't feel strong, you are so much stronger than me. I would have locked myself in my room by now if I was you. I know you feel weak but you are doing such a good job handling everything you've gone through. I wish there was more I could say to make you feel better.

Donna, I was unable to access this site for a few days. (Dont know why though .....) Anyway, I hate to read what a horrible thing you had to go through at your OB visit. Makes you wonder if the mom of this kid really had the nerve to bring a sick child with her to a OB visit. You know how some people are. Those kinda people just infuriate me. I really hope that you and the children are doing well. Please keep us posted. I know you must be at your wits end, I am sorry you are having to deal with so much.

Thanks, everyone! I couldn't get on the site for a while, either. It's been 2 1/2 days EXACTLY since the kid at the dr. v'ed. ANd SO FAR, the girls are ok. Logan has a tummy ache at the moment, so I am waiting. . . .I'm hoping it's gas pains, she's sort of doubling over, not really acting like she has to v*****. We haven't really been eating very well this week, so tomorrow, it's healthy food all the way!!

Awwww, that is a scary situation! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I would have freaked too! Keep your head up, and try to think of the best! Your "waiting period" is almost over!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

YES! It's been 71 hrs. since that horrible awful experience--hopefully they are in the clear, I was worried last night because Logan tried to get in bed with me twice and that's usually something she does when she isn't feeling well! But she's ok this morning, thank God!!!

Its crazy how our minds get the best of us. I personally think everyone is FINE

Yes, hopefully they are fine!!! I swear, someone evil likes to play these little jokes on me!!

Hi Donna,

I could not access the site for a few days and the was so busy
    yesterday. I am so glad that your girls seem to be in the clear.

Who knows what on earth that mom was thinking. The child may have
    been fine up to the moment he got sick OR she could have brought him
    knowing he was ill. We cannot discount it. We all know the
    creepy moms who send their kids to school sick or take v*** kids to
    WalMart or Target while they shop. Its just another case of bad
    bad judgement.

Anyway, it seems as though you guys are fine and THAT is what is important.

Stella

I don't think the kid was sick before he go there, but speaking of that topic, I remember last winter I REAMED my sister after she took my nephew to Wal Mart during a bout of v'ing and diarrhea that lasted DAYS!! She took him there, KNOWING he was sick, he was actually so sick that he couldn't walk through the store without sitting down to rest!!!! I think she was mad at me for yelling at her for like a month![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

That's horrible! Like everyone said, maybe the kid wasn't contagious. My husband's 3 year old neice throws up all of the time for no reason. She's always been like that. If something catches her throat wrong she'll v***t. On practically every holiday she ends up v***ting for no reason. I hate it, itscares me to death!