Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My son doesn't feel well now! freaking out!

As I posted about before, my son had a play date today and it went well. He had a great time. I made it a point to bring up sv so that one of the moms would say "oh yeah we had it last week..." Or something but neither one did. One just said "yeah there's a sv going around"
    So we got home and my son was really tired and so was I. (I have my period and I always get so exhausted when I do) My husband got home around 930 from work, I fell asleep and he was playing with my son. He put him to bed around 1030 and went to his part time job. Yeah it sucks.
    Well my son woke up around 1230 crying and he came into our room. He kept leaning over. I asked if something hurt and he said no but he kept bending over like his stomach hurt. Then he farted and was better lol So I just figured it was the meatballs he ate at his playdate. I know I get gas and heartburn from meatballs that I don't make myself. Well now he just had another episode of it, bent over crying, then he farted again and now he's fine. So do you think it's just gas?? My husband will be home soon and I'm hoping to go into the other room and calm down a bit.

Default Re: My son doesn't feel well now! freaking out!

It's probably indigestion! I get it so bad that it doubles me over in pain till I can fart or burp! Do you have any kids tums? If he is old enough maybe break a adult sized one in half...those always help! Hope his gas goes away and you get rest!

Thank you. I'm not sure if I can give him a tums or not. He's 2 1/2. I'll have to look it up. Now my husband just got home and had to urgently go to the bathroom. That's not unusual for him but of course I'm interrogating him from the hallway. His "norm" is d* so like I said its not unusual but still. Ugh. Gonna be a sleepless night!

It sounds like he just has some gas pains. It takes awhile for them to work their way out... if you know what I mean. It can take all day for the gas to work itself all out completely. I think because you heard that there is a virus going around, you're just assuming the worst, which we all do. But when you start to think catastrophically, just tell yourself that it is your anxiety talking and your husband and son are not sick.

Feel better!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Sounds like gas to me!! I have a thing about other people's meatballs too lmfao You must be Italian! ;-) ...I hope you feel better soon...nobody likes that kind of a scare!!! Especially us!!!

Definitely gas pains. If it were nausea it would just get worse and believe me farting wouldn't help aha.
    Life is so worth living.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica1649 View Post
    Sounds like gas to me!! I have a thing about other people's meatballs too lmfao You must be Italian! ;-) ...I hope you feel better soon...nobody likes that kind of a scare!!! Especially us!!!
    I am Italian!! How'd you know? Lol there are very few meatballs that I will eat other than my own and my Mom's

Well my son woke up today and was a gassy Gus again. He ate fine though and has been acting normal. He burped a few times too and of course I was watching him like a hawk. Lol

Just like everyone says, it sounds like painful gas! I hope he's okay now.
    I did read somewhere that if you're able to pass gas, you're not coming down with Noro. Don't know how accurate this is but I thought I'd share.