Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default sv* in home... hate my fear so much. please read i need help

Worst night of my life as it is, hating myself and considering suicide also i cut myself, four times cos i needed to take my hatred of myself out on myself.

Then i finally got to sleep, then i woke up to hear my 2 year old sister vomiting- What am i supposed to do now? Its making me want to kill myself even more.

my step dad vommited and we decided it was cos he drunk too much and now my sister has its obvious its a bug.... i just dont know what to do anymore

i hate myself and my life and my fear

Default Re: sv* in home... hate my fear so much. please read i need help

I know how scary it is but it will only be a few days before everyone is better. If you really feel that way you should get immediate help, call a hotline or go to the ER.

I just wish there was a way I could tell if I was going to get it or not

I would suggest going to the nearest ER NOW!! Tell them how desperate you are feeling. They can help you. They can give you something to calm you down. You cannot help your fear and more than I, or any other emet can. We have a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes this irrational fear. I spoke to my own doc yesterday...he said we realize our fears are irrational but that doesn't make them any less real to us or any less debilitating. There are meds that will help alleviate some of your panic. If you had diabetes and were having problems with that would you berate yourself? Well, as my doctor said there is no difference. We have a PHYSIOLOGICAL problem causing psychriatric symptoms. Seek some medical help. Don't be too hard on yourself. I will be thinking of you.

Your life is worth living... Even when it's scary and hard. I hope you can talk to a doctor about this. It can truly help.
    ☮ ♥ emma

what the heck is it with these suicide posts? this phobia is not worth taking your life over. please seek professional help and asap.

THERE IS A NO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR TALKING ABOUT SUICIDE ON THIS FORUM. GET OFF HERE AND GET TO A HOSPITIAL NOW. Seriously, I know how bad this fear is, trust me, but to even say and mean you would rather die than catch a sv is absolutely ridiculous. You need serious medical/psychological intervention NOW.
    Fixxer, I'm sick of seeing these posts too. FYI, people who talk about it aren't the ones who usually do it. No sympathy from me.

I agree you need to be seen immediately, there is a no suicide talk policy here, but I believe you are reaching out so please please please get help. You deserve to live!!
    But Kristina & Fixxxer this person is a child, you can tell by the way they write, they need help and guidance, and understanding not someone bashing them. It's cool to have no sympathy for someone of adult age who really truly understands the poor behind the words, but guess is this person is no more than 15 years old...reaching out, don't miss the signs.

I hope you are doing better...I hope you have gotten some help and somebody to talk to about this fear. It is not a fun thing...if your parents don't know about it yet, I suggest you start with them first and explain to them how it makes you feel...I'm sure they will be 100 percent supportive of you to help find you help. Hurting yourself is not the answer, everything will be fine, just keep thinking positive thoughts, taking the aggression out on yourself is only gonna hurt you. We really don't want you to hurt yourself.

To those bashing this poor poster, this is not what they need right now...this fear can be more frightening to some than others....we are not here to pass judgement on each other, we are here to help support each other and help people feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica1649 View Post
    I hope you are doing better...I hope you have gotten some help and somebody to talk to about this fear. It is not a fun thing...if your parents don't know about it yet, I suggest you start with them first and explain to them how it makes you feel...I'm sure they will be 100 percent supportive of you to help find you help. Hurting yourself is not the answer, everything will be fine, just keep thinking positive thoughts, taking the aggression out on yourself is only gonna hurt you. We really don't want you to hurt yourself.

To those bashing this poor poster, this is not what they need right now...this fear can be more frightening to some than others....we are not here to pass judgement on each other, we are here to help support each other and help people feel better.
    I will NEVER support anyone who threatens suicide. It's a selfish thing to do. There's no judgment passing here at all.

I also agree that suicide is never the answer and its selfish.. But your posts are coming off as very cruel and the exact opposite of helpful. You know as much as everyone how scary this phobia can be. I'm worried that the not so nice answers in this thread may have pushed this person in the wrong direction. I'm not trying to start an argument. But as a child of God, my only hope is that I could give this person love and support. Not criticism and hurtful words.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Quote Originally Posted by emmalou View Post
    I also agree that suicide is never the answer and its selfish.. But your posts are coming off as very cruel and the exact opposite of helpful. You know as much as everyone how scary this phobia can be. I'm worried that the not so nice answers in this thread may have pushed this person in the wrong direction. I'm not trying to start an argument. But as a child of God, my only hope is that I could give this person love and support. Not criticism and hurtful words.
    Well said. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by emmalou View Post
    I haven't pushed anyone. I am also a CHRISTIAN (child of christ) and I know that suicide is a sin. You WILL go to hell. To even speak the words of taking your own life is sinful. God gave this precious life to YOU as a GIFT, and to threaten to selfishly take it is a sin, period. I support ANYONE who comes here and has a difficult time, is depressed, wants to get help, but to come here and threaten to kill yourself gets NO sympathy from me...or God.

Quote Originally Posted by kristinak View Post
    I haven't pushed anyone. I am also a CHRISTIAN (child of christ) and I know that suicide is a sin. You WILL go to hell. To even speak the words of taking your own life is sinful. God gave this precious life to YOU as a GIFT, and to threaten to selfishly take it is a sin, period. I support ANYONE who comes here and has a difficult time, is depressed, wants to get help, but to come here and threaten to kill yourself gets NO sympathy from me...or God.
    I apologise if I upset you- I just felt this was a place I could share exactly how I was feeling. I won't mention similar things again

Dont apologise this IS a site you can share your feelings on. Obviously suicide is a very emmotive subject and people can have very strong opinions. But I think most of us understand that you are young and just trying to express how terrified you are feeling. I hope you feel you have someone or at least somewhere you can turn to when you feel so frightened in the future. Maybe it would be a good idea to try and speak to one or both of your parents and also your dr.

oh my goodness, no wonder religion is at the crux of many wars throughout history. Anger, disgust and impatience dominate this particular post. ah well each to their own opinions.

With regards to Billie...hope your okay, we know it wasn't said to hurt anybody, i imagine what you wrote was implusive to how you felt at the time. Look after yourself x

Billie, I don't want you to think that I don't really understand your frustration with this phobia, because believe me I truly, truly do! I've had this phobia all my life, and sometimes I get so frustrated that I lose hope in a lot of things. I am very sorry that I am very pationate about people threatening suicide. As far as anger, disgust and impatience, the last poster is totally wrong. I am probably one of the most patient people in the world as well as the most understanding about depression and anxiety. I would lend an ear to anyone in the world. I do, however, believe that suicide is a completely selfish act, and to even threaten to do so on a forum is an act of manipulation and just plain wrong, not to mention against the rules.
    I sincerely feel very bad that you are so worried about throwing up that you feel like dying would be a better alternative. I know we are all in a different place with this phobia, but I honestly just cannot understand that one. I'm sorry if that seems insensitive. I have a dad dying of lung cancer and have watched so, so much suffering from illness that I just cannot fathom someone taking their precious life over something so dumb. Sorry. Feel better.

This person is obviously not only a child but someone in need. Spouting off religious things and posting angry, no sympathy, judgemental posts are completely unnecessary. He reached out for help not ridicule or judgement. I hope that in the future those who got angry will realize that in a situation such as this one its better to leave it alone and not post at all. If you cant help or dont want to help then just dont post. Did you ever hear of if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. This person could have done without the criticism in his time of need.
    I hope that you are ok, I hope that you made it through your crisis. In my opinion Suicide is not the answer but I can understand your frustration in trying to express your emotional overload as a result of this phobia. you need to start seeing a therapist but as another poster said, talk to your parents first. Even if they dont understand they will probably try to help you. Until then, keep your posts here clear of suicide to avoid any further rants from other members.

I have two friends who have almost killed themselves because of depression. They had to be hospitalized for it. I have no sympathy for people who bash others for there feelings. And you so called children of god. GOD TEACHES US TO LOVE EVERYONE. Emetophobia can be especially scary for a child trust me I know I was once one and so were you. That is just disgusting the way some of you are talking to this poor person. That being said I hope they can find someone in their life to confide in and help them with this.

Sorry about offended anyone, I really didn't mean too.. just wanted to share how I felt.
    I know I now need to talk to those who are close to me, so thankyou to those who suggested that....

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Randle View Post
    Sorry about offended anyone, I really didn't mean too.. just wanted to share how I felt.
    I know I now need to talk to those who are close to me, so thankyou to those who suggested that....
    Welcome, I hope you are feeling a bit better....I'm hopin you don't get sick...just like in your other post keep up with the good hygeine.

This is a website for people who suffer from a phobia not a Jesus freaks fourm ... You can't ever say that you've never said I'd rather die than v* because you are a emet and this has crossed all of our minds !!! This person is a teenager who was PANICKING and was just saying how she felt right then and there!!! On another note I hope your feeling better sweetie I read your other posts your a strong young lady!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mina16 View Post
    This is a website for people who suffer from a phobia not a Jesus freaks fourm ... You can't ever say that you've never said I'd rather die than v* because you are a emet and this has crossed all of our minds !!! This person is a teenager who was PANICKING and was just saying how she felt right then and there!!! On another note I hope your feeling better sweetie I read your other posts your a strong young lady!!!
    EXACTLY!!! I hope you feel better too sweety.

Billie, there are times in my life where I have felt exactly the same way. If you are cutting and having thoughts of self-loathing, you certainly need to get some help. Does your family know these things? Are they supportive? Do you take an antidepressant? It sounds like you are severely depressed. I struggled with self-loathing for years. I did spend several years in therapy and now take an antidepressant. It has helped so much. Having a good therapist is wonderful because they listen to everything that you say without judgement. Having to deal with a stomach virus in your house on top of all of this is terrible. If you need to talk, you can always pm me. I certainly feel your pain. You can make it through this. Hang in there.

I am a Christian too. I believe God is worried for this child. Do you think this is how God wants you to treat a person? God wants us to believe he is our salvation and wants us to be thankful that he died for our sins. You sound Catholic from how you are writing. Suicide is part of a mental illness a chemical imbalance. Do you think Christ would betray a child like this? I think not. Who and where in the Bible does it say that they will go to hell? How much do you sin by thought, word and deed? You sinned by what you wrote. I am ashamed that you are acting this way. May Christ forgive YOU tonight
    Colleen

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Randle View Post
    Worst night of my life as it is, hating myself and considering suicide also i cut myself, four times cos i needed to take my hatred of myself out on myself.

Then i finally got to sleep, then i woke up to hear my 2 year old sister vomiting- What am i supposed to do now? Its making me want to kill myself even more.

my step dad vommited and we decided it was cos he drunk too much and now my sister has its obvious its a bug.... i just dont know what to do anymore

i hate myself and my life and my fear
    I hope you are feeling better. I hope everything turned out fine
    Colleen

all i know is this phobia is not worth taking your life over.

Billie Randel - I sincerely hope you are feeling better and that you are now seeking some treatment and help for your feelings. It is very worrying when we are sat here and someone talks about suicide and not coping when there is nothing we can do sat behind our PC's at home. Perhaps the responsibility of reading this type of post is too much for some people to cope with/understand so that could be why there has been some backlash to your comments. I understand you are venting your fear and reaching out for help and I truly hope you can overcome this phobia. I do not believe the feelings of God etc regarding suicide. Suicide is something noone can understand unless it is something that they are feeling and considering themselves. I cannot imagine being that desperate but have lost someone very close to me who did end their life and I would like to think that God welcomed them into his heaven whatever they did. It is difficult for those left behind to deal with so I really do hope that if you have serious suicidal thoughts that you can get help very quickly - Lots of hugs and love to you xx

Oi, I almost committed suicide 2-4 times within the last month due to the fear. Just hold on. What stopped me is a greater phobia of suicide.