Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone,

You have no idea how happy I was to find out that I was "normal" and that there IS a label for what I have. My mom told me just the other day, after I told her about the sight, that I have had a FEAR of being ill since I was 18months old and I am 24 now.

It lead me to going through an episode of anorexia when i was 16-18. Not only was I afraid to be sick but I was afraid of food a)making me fat and b)I thought if I didn't eat them at least there was nothing in my stomach to come back up.

When I was little my mom said I was sick at my nana's and I just freaked out. We had any treatable problem until I went the doctors about 3 years ago. I had also developed agoraphobia and it was making it hard for me to go out ANYWHERE. I could not go to restraunts in case something made me ill or someone got ill. I could not go to the clubs because people drank there and became sick. I wouldn't go near anywhere where there were rides.

It got real bad when one day someone had been sick on the sidewalk by my apartment building I couldn't leave the apartment. I was gaining weight and loosing my life. I coud'dn't go our without having some panic attack. I remember how as soon as it was mentioned we were going somewhere I would get the sweats and start feeling ill. ESPECIALLY if I didnt get to drive.

Since I met my husband, who is very understanding and I know now that I am not the only one things are getting better. My husband and I moved out of the city to rural area and that has helped.

Since then I made it through my pregnancy and surviving motherhood.

I recently discovered that my sister and brother (they are related by blood but I am not) have similar problems.

I hope that there will be some way to cure this but I know that just knowing that there are others makes it easier to accept.

Thanks for listening and being there. I have this sight on my favorites.

Be well be strong and stay happy
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

welcome to the site!!! I hope you find all the help and support you need here. I'm also batteling with anorexia, would love to know how you recovered!! Not sure what else to say except welcome!! lol [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

welcome to the site! by the way i'm stephanie.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

welcome to our family

i too am battling with some sort of anorexia. kinda half because im frightened food wil make me ill, and half because i dont lke food anyway as it makes u fat, and i wanna be thinner... so yeah, its a bit odd.

i just wanna say that its great u got thru pregnancy and stuff, its something im not sure i cud manage yet. but its great you did

i too was kinda housebound for a long while. infact i stil am, wont go anywher ebut school and thats only because iv been there for 7 years so its kinda like my home.

anyway, il stop blabbing and just say that i hope u find it as cosy here as i do and hope to chat to ya sn

Jen xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Well I was a competetive synchronized swimmer and into sports. I also had a boyfriend at the time. I was horrified when my mom threatened to send me to a psychologist and have all my privilages taken away. ( dating, my competitiions and no sports events.)

It seemed to help in a way. Though I tended to sneak food away in pockets and purses so people thought I had eaten it when in fact I hadn't. I still have problems eating in public and at big family events but when I was pregnant I ate a lot and food just kind of just kicked into my life.It was also neccasary whenI wan breasfeeding to eat so I didn't dry upI have to becarful though because though I have gained a lot of weight my husband is the only reason I don't slip back into the way I was. He makes sure I eat my meals and enough.

I REALLY hope that you will be able to conquer the problem love who you are and everything about your mind, body and soul. Tell yourself everyday that you are a special person and pray for the strength to overcome the obstacles in your path.

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Welcome to the site! I'm glad you are doing better than you were and that you have a supportive husband! how old is your child? Any emet who has a baby is so strong to me! You'll find lots of support here![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

thank you I already feel so welcome [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I NEVER wanted to have children because I knew (or at least thought) I would never handle it. Our little peanut is was a little unexpected (a welcome suprise none the less) he is now 14 months and fortunatly for me not a baby with an upset stomach. I went on mat leave early and we moved out of the city. The city aggravated my agoraphonia (which states a landslide of problems)

I couldn't be happier with the outcome of everyehing though I am getting out more mostly because I can walk to where I NEED to its about 3km away. The baby has inspired me because I want him to see people and seeing the parks but I still get to me close to home.

Here is my little man

[img]uploads/images/Melikasa/FE5_0325_004.jpg[/img][img]uploads/images/Melikasa/Z49_0927_002.jpg[/img]

AWWW He's so adorable! It's so wonderful to hear of emet moms, very hopeful and inspiring! I dont' blame you for wanting out of the city UGH! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

GOODNESS!!!! That's such a beautiful baby!!!!!! AWWWWWWW!!!! I couldn't stop Awwwwing at that picture!!He's TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the family Melikasa! Here I hope you will find all the support and help you will need!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I too am inspired by emet mothers! It gives me hope!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

awww he is really is an adorable little ray of sunshine isnt he? [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

im so happy for you

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

aww he's so adorable!! I'm so glad you are coping with a child and emet!!

You have a very beautiful baby! Welcome to the site! I hope you find lots of support and friendship here. Your husband sounds like a good guy.

HOW CUTE!!! babies V- though
    Omnia vincit amor. -- \"Love conquers all.\"

Yeah that is why I never wanted children but we got a suprise a few months after my birthday when I took a test. It isn't so bad really he doesn't get sick and the couple of times he did when he was little was not bad at all.I was so suprised. He is kind of graduating me into it. Though when it is his it isn't bad but I am realy bad with other ones.

I think he was meant to be because he is making me stronger. My little angel

Wow. Your son is gorgeous. You must be really proud of him and yourself. Having a baby is a much bigger deal for an emet. I want definitely wnat to have kids and it's so great to hear your story.