Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation so sick to my stomach

I know the reason why I'm not feeling well (my period) but thats not making it any easier. I'm really nauseated and sick to my stomach with a headache as well. I'm having hot flashes as well. It's so terrible My fiance and I are just having a quiet night in for New Years so I dont have to worry about going anywhere but i still really awful. I've taken a Zofran and Advil for my cramps but it didnt help at all.

Ugh, this is a nightmare. I feel like I'm gonna throw up!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Default Re: so sick to my stomach

Ah, periods can really suck sometimes can't they? I find what usually helps me is taking a warm bath or using a heat pack for a while. Taking Vitamin B6 can help ease PMS symptoms.

sorry.......try not to let this ruin your new years eve.......heating pads are great for this. even though my period days are over i've been having weird pains......finally got to see the dr on thursday....have an ultrasound next thursday on my ovaries for a cyst........it sucks us girls have to put up with all this crap and the guys get nothing.....booooo!

oh, btw, i got to meet JD today what a wonderful guy......had a nice talk and look forward to seeing him again on his next trip to north carolina.......wish we could all get together for a day or so......really is interesting and nice to have a conversation with someone who knows exactly how you feel

feel better, girl....have a great new years....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you for the replies. I haven't gotten out of bed all night except to let the puppy put. I keep getting really really bad waves of nausea and the stomach ache in my upper stomach is still there which really scares me because thats where the pain was the last time i threw up.

Patty- i wish we could all meet up badly as well! Itd be nice if maybe when we can combine schedules possibly over spring break or summertime we could meet up in a mutual location between RI and FL and even bring our significgant others as well and just get to spend a day together catching up and trying to have a little fun. Id go to your state just to see if i can sight Jenelle and the Teen Mom 2 cameras! Hahaha!

Happy new years! Wish i was feeling better to celebrate!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

Went to bed around 12:30, woke up an hour ago (9 am) and am feeling a little better. I still have some nausea but I'm hoping it'll fade soon. I just want to have a nice day today.
    My Mantra:

Hope you feel better soon Cupcake!! Take it low and easy today!! You'll feel better in no time...if you were gonna vomit, you definitely would have by now.

Thanks Erica. I was okay for most of the day but now my stomach hurts and I do feel nauseous agaon. I need to eat but I can't. I just feel too sick
    My Mantra:

This isnt advice that will help you this time but next time. I get all the same symptoms and a warm bath was all that ever helped. Then i asked my gyn and he said...a few days before I start getting symptoms, take motrin. Yes, motrin. He said something in the motrin keeps a certain hormone level down. That hormone is the one that is causing the nausea. Wow! I did it and I felt fine during the next cycle. Wish i could be more specific about which hormone but all i know is, it works. Good luck!

Thank you sooo much for that advice! I definitely want to try it next month! Do you have to take it every day before you PMS or just one dose?
    My Mantra:

He told me to take it everyday. Before the period and during. I think he meant just a dose a day though. Thats what i have been doing and it seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsmom View Post
    He told me to take it everyday. Before the period and during. I think he meant just a dose a day though. Thats what i have been doing and it seems to work.
    I'm starting a new pill in a week so hopefully that combined with the Motrin will work!
    My Mantra:

Good luck I hope it helps!

Thats a great thing to know as well thank you!!!

it's kinda funny but ive noticed a pattern while being a member here. most of the members are women and 98% of what you ladies experience is general anxiety related or due to your period.

Because being a woman sucks!!! You get nauseous for like 2 weeks out of the month because of stupid hormones and period bullshit!!!(sorry for the rant I have PMS right now LOL)