Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: So scared

Default So scared

Im 31 weeks pregnant and have made it though the entire pregnancy without throwing up, but right now, I feel very hot, shakey, and like I generally have a sense of not feeling well. Ive felt fine all day but have felt like I'm doomed to get sick tonight. I haven't thrown up I'm 4 years, but last new years my hubby had a stomach bug. I try to fool myself into thinking that because I took Zofran a couple hours ago, that I won't possibly throw up. I'm so sick (no pun intended) of living with this stupid and irrational fear! Is there anyone who feels my pain right now?

Default Re: So scared

Yes, I understand. I had EXTREME nausea in my first and into my second trimester, I would've bet on it that I was going to throw up many times and I never did!! If you are taking your pre natal vitamins you are too healthy to get a bug is what I believe. I never threw up and and I didn't even have Zofran. Deep breaths....calm...you are ok no matter what!! And just so you know, I'm PETRIFIED to V* and have been since I was a teen, I totally get it.

Thank you for understanding! Sometimes it's really hard to remember that you're not the only one that goes through this fear! I actually don't take prenatals, not because I don't want to, but because I forget to, but I never v. I always tell myself that I won't because I just never do, but when I think about being out and about and possibly catching a virus, I really start to freak out. Even now, chance are I'm fine, but my fear makes me panic more for feeling a little out of the ordinary.

I hope you got through it ok. It's a terrible fear to have and only those who have it, truly understand. Try taking your prenatals, they not only will boost your immune system against bugs they will also give you energy and help you and your baby to be super healthy! Take care and best wishes to you and your new baby.