Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Why don't I feel "safe" yet?

Tomorrow is 1 week to the day my mum had Noro. We left hers and came home on the 28th. We have all baby and toddler included been fine. So why don't I feel better?! Why am I still going to bed tonight thinking "this is it, tonight is the night I am going to get it and start throwing up?" I have counted 72 hours now from the day it happened to the day we left and everything suggests that I am fine, I didn't get it I can stop panicking. So why can't I!!! I am still asking my poor DH if he thinks I have it and I still keep going over and over what I touched and when. I just want to get over this stupid obsession!!!

C

Default Re: Why don't I feel "safe" yet?

You don't feel safe yet because you have emetophobia! Thats part of the problem isn't it, non-emets probably wouldn't even be worrying in the first place or even know about incubation periods but even if they did, they would get to the cut off point then say to themselves they were going tobe fine whereas we over analyse everything and go completely overboard.

I would still feel edgy too if it were me, but looking at this logically from an outsiders point of view i can tell you that it would be awfully bad luck if you were to get ill now, i would say you are well out of the danger zone in regards to catching anything from your mums house and you should try your best to put it behind you and not let it spoil another minute of your day.

Going to bed is always the scariest time of day i think when you feel you are in danger, i feel a bit better taking things to bed i know will help if i wake up in a panic which for me is peppermint oil to sniff, water, my netbook, anti nausea wristbands etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You don't feel safe yet because our emetophobic brains don't allow us to think rationally about these things.

^
    True true