Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Are you afraid to drink/be around people who are drinking?

I am not afraid to drink. I am not afraid to be around drunk people, either. I never drink enough to v, and when drunk people v, I do panic a little, but it doesn't cause real anxiety for me because I know it's not contagious, just unpleasant.

My phobia grew worse this year. Freshman year of college I used to go out and it did not phase me. This year (I turned 21, too), I have only been to the bars once and I do not plan on going back... It gives me too much anxiety that someone may get sick near me or that I will feel sick.

I'm not afraid to drink, but I don't drink. When I used to drink, I never had more than two. I'm not sure what role my emet played in that.

I'm not afraid to be around people who are drinking because my fear is of myself vomiting. It doesn't bother me (much) when other people vomit from things that aren't contagious.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.