Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Been on planes and in airports, lots of ppl coughing etc. Makes me so worried

Hello,

I flew from New York to LA and then from LA to Sydney, which all in all is about 20 hours, not to mention waiting time at airports. I am so worried because so many people were coughing and sneezing. I used hand sanitizer and wet wipes whenever I could and when I ate but the air on the planes recycling isn't something anyone can control. All I could think about was someone coughing and all that going through the air system and everyone else breathing it in. I hate how un-sympathetic this fear has made me for people. I just get so worried. Atleast when I was going from Sydney to New York I was totally distracted by the city and all the travelling I was doing but now that I'm back in Sydney, I can't stop the irrational thinking.

Hope you are having a good day/night,

God Bless. x

Default Re: Been on planes and in airports, lots of ppl coughing etc. Makes me so worried

Well done for getting on a plane and travelling so far! I flew last Christmas and worried about the same thing. There was a guy behind me who had the flu and was coughing my whole flight! I hope this eases your mind a bit, the air on planes is, in fact, fresh air from outside, not recirculated air. People get ill from flying because of everyone in close proximity of each other, not because of the air. I always leave my vent on blowing cool air in my face when I fly, and I have never, ever, ever gotten sick with anything after flying.

Default Re: Been on planes and in airports, lots of ppl coughing etc. Makes me so worried

Whenever I fly, I also keep the blower on me as well. Ive never come down with anything after flying either.*knock on wood* even during cold and flu and sv season.