Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Woah my tum is bad all of a sudden! :(

It's come on just this evening and I have no idea why!

It's weird because I've had some more than average wind (sorry, gross!) and weirdly, so has my other half a little. I thought that was just it, but I just got up, made a cup of tea, and sat back down and got quite sharp pains.

I haven't been for a bm* yet, but the n* is coming too. I don't know what or where this has come from which worries me the most.

Any ideas from my fellow emets?

Default Re: Woah my tum is bad all of a sudden! :(

If you have a lot of gas it's not unusual to have pains too as the gas tries to move through. Is it true nausea you're feeling or are you working yourself up with anxiety nausea? What did you guys eat? Some foods cause a lot of gas.

Could be something you guys ate that is making you really gassy and giving you the sharp pains...

I have gotten that usually when I eat certian foods and the gas pain will be like knives inside my tummy, I have also had gas where it makes me n ...not sure why probably part of the pain and the gas moving around and part due to my anxiety about it all but still I'm always fine. Have you eaten anything heavy that could cause gas? The best thing you can do is try really hard to relax. Watch tv, movie books etc... also when I'm feeling off I make myself some sugar water it's just cool water and stir in a teaspoon of sugar and mix and mix I leave the spoon in cause the sugar will sometimes settle to the bottom. That helps a lot for me helps with the n

hope you feel better soon

Hello everyone, sorry that I took so long to reply.

My other half and I aren't sure what we ate... I think some of mine is down to anxiety too as I'm moving Friday and I guess it all has to do with that.

Does anyone have any remedies for gas pain?

Gas X usually helps or walk around a bit that helps move the gas around a bit....I know last night when I got into bed, I had gas settling in my intestines that wouldn't move all night...it was so uncomfortable I must have tossed all night!!!

Oh you poor thing - I really feel for you!

Unfortunately I live in the UK so I'm not 100% sure what the equivalent to Gas X is?

Im in the uk too and the only thing Ive heard of is windease (not sure if thats how its spelt sorry). Havent tried it but I have seen it advertised. Why dont you go to a chemists and ask the pharmacist for advice.

When I have gas pains I rubbed my belly in a counter clockwise motion with a lil pressure and usually after is loosens I am able to get rid of all the gas!

Thanks for the advice everyone