Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Woke up with terrible nausea!

I ate a really rich dinner so I'm sure that's what it's from.... Would tums or emetrol be a better solution??? Im shaking in bed i feel so sick. Yuck this is gross!!!!

☮ ♥ emma

Default Re: Woke up with terrible nausea!

Oh gosh now I'm concerned I got food poisoning.. I read some online reviews of the restaurant I ate at and people have gotten sick from it! I took emetrol but I'm scared it won't help if it's food poisoning!
    ☮ ♥ emma

I had to pop some tums it feels so bad. I'm in the bathroom just shaking. Why am I like this!? I feel so nauseous. SO nauseous. Like I definitely ate something bad. I ate 10 hours ago.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Ugh I wish I was still asleep but I know there's no way I could fall asleep now. This is reallllllly bad. I don't think it's anxiety nausea. Why hasn't the medicine helped?
    ☮ ♥ emma

I'm so nervous... Any thought of food is just repulsive right now. I texted my friend who are the same thing and she's okay... It was pasta with tomatoes and mushrooms from noodles and company. Ughhh even saying that makes me feel sick.

I'm not begging for replies I just need to type.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Does emetrol not help with nausea from food?! I still feel bad!!!
    ☮ ♥ emma

I understand the need to type...I was begging for replies just a short bit ago. Remember to BREATHE. Sending you good thoughts!

It's getting worse. How is this possible???
    ☮ ♥ emma

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad!! You probably don't feel well from the anxiety, so you need to try to calm your self down enough that you can see if you feel better.

I unfortunately am having a bit of the same problem =\ ive been feeling a bit off all day, but didn't think much of it other than its probably pms starting, so when it was time for bed I took my pills as usual and my tea and laid in bed for close to 2 hours watching stuff online. Felt fine. Then right after I shut everything off to sleep my dog got up and woke me, I tried to fall back asleeP but I had kind of waves of n*, finally I passed out only to wake up an hour later feeling sOooo n*, so I walked for a bit, but it seems that I'm hungry too?? What is the deal

I'm so sorry you feel so bad, Emma. Have you tried the pressure points on your wrists? Massage the center of the inside of your wrist and try to breathe. Close your eyes and imagine you are bathed in white light.

Quote Originally Posted by Clap08 View Post
    I'm sorry you are feeling so bad!! You probably don't feel well from the anxiety, so you need to try to calm your self down enough that you can see if you feel better.

I unfortunately am having a bit of the same problem =\ ive been feeling a bit off all day, but didn't think much of it other than its probably pms starting, so when it was time for bed I took my pills as usual and my tea and laid in bed for close to 2 hours watching stuff online. Felt fine. Then right after I shut everything off to sleep my dog got up and woke me, I tried to fall back asleeP but I had kind of waves of n*, finally I passed out only to wake up an hour later feeling sOooo n*, so I walked for a bit, but it seems that I'm hungry too?? What is the deal
    My daughter is having that tonight...hunger and n* at the same time...

I'll try that. I keep walking out to the bathroom, feel ok once I get there, and then full on gaggy nausea when I'm in my bed!
    ☮ ♥ emma

Quote Originally Posted by emmalou View Post
    I'll try that. I keep walking out to the bathroom, feel ok once I get there, and then full on gaggy nausea when I'm in my bed!
    I get that way when not feeling well. Somehow the bathroom is comforting. I've slept on the bathroom floor many times. I don't know why... Remind yourself you are not alone...you WILL get through this moment...keep breathing...

Ugh I am so scared. This nausea is one of my worst nightmares. It doesn't have any other symptoms... Just gaggy gross nausea!!!
    ☮ ♥ emma

Why hasn't my medicine helped!? i keep burping now. Like its bad heartburn. But wouldn't my emetrol fix this? That's why I think it's fp
    ☮ ♥ emma

I'm so sorry...and I completely understand being scared of the nausea. I share that fear too! It is difficult to explain to someone who doesn't 'get' it just how deeply scary it can be. You're not alone!

Burping is a good sign, actually, and may help!

((((( I went to the bathroom to see if it would calm me down. It made it worse. Now my stomach hurts. I live far away from my mom but I wish she was here.
    ☮ ♥ emma

It's so bad right now ... I gagged myself in the bathroom to just try to get it out of me. I know that's awful but idk what to do.
    ☮ ♥ emma

I'm so sorry, Emma. Wish she could be there too! Have you ever tried Charco Caps? They sell them at the regular drug store and are homeopathic. They don't say they're for nausea (other stomach related ailments), but I swear by them. That and Boiron's Acidil. Do you have any ginger ale or tea?

No I do not.. Normally I do though. I just don't understand why my nausea medicine hasn't helped!!

It's getting hard to swallow.. I'm having flashbacks of when I had food poisoning 5 years ago
    ☮ ♥ emma

Does it help to talk about other things? Or do you just need to express how you feel? It could be panic driven, or not. Either way, remember, this is not your life...you will get through this!

It's so bad I keep gagging myself.. Just to
    Try to be better. Help
    ☮ ♥ emma

I'm sorry, Emma...is there anyone you can call?

No no not really
    ☮ ♥ emma

I am sending good thoughts...I hope this is all over for you very soon and you can get some rest... Press hard on those acupressure wrist points..

Ok. Thank you. :'(
    ☮ ♥ emma

It's worse again. So I gag myself and dry heave. This is bad. It's 5 am. I wish I was sleeping.
    ☮ ♥ emma

You're welcome. Just remember to breathe...you are not alone...you will get through this. I'm sorry I have to go, but glad to send you some Reiki energy if you're open to it...let me know... If not, no worries and all the best!

I don't know what that is... But thanks for your help. I hate this phobia.
    ☮ ♥ emma