Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default For sure have an sv or fp

I fell asleep for about a half hour and then had to run to the bathroom with explosive diarrhea without any warning. Sorry tmi. All of a sudden I started dry heaving. My body got hot and my mout watered. It was about 10 gags. It was real. I don't know I'd the emetrol stopped it or what... But the dry heaves keep coming. Should I take more antiemetic or should I stop and let myself vomit.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Default Re: For sure have an sv or fp

Sorry for the typos. The gagging has never been like this before. Never uncontrollable. This is it. I'm scared but I know it is.. My dad is here but he is telling me that I need to relax and get through it. I think it's fp.
    ☮ ♥ emma

The d* happened again 5 minute later and 5 min after that. The nausea comes along with it. I took another small dose of emetrol. I don't know if it's working or not.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Friend texted me back... She had the same meal as me and I guess she's got d* as well. She's nauseous and has not vomited. just my luck.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Hope you're feeling Breyer. What did you eat?

It was called pasta Roma. No v* for me but my friend did now.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Have no idea what that is. But it will pass.

Penne Rosa from noodles and company. I forgot the right name. Laying on the couch rocking back and forth... This is awful!
    ☮ ♥ emma

How are you feeling now? I know it must be really horrible for you, but take really really deep breaths if you can. I find it helps if I breathe in for 7 counts and out for 11 - try it Even if you do have fp, I doubt that you will v*... you probably just have d*, because I expect it would have happened by now if it was going to. Plus, it's already happened to your friend, but not you. Hope you feel better soon x

ooohhh you poor thing. I hope you feel better, maybe the nausea is coming after the D because you think in your mind that its what usually happens. If you can resist it long enough then maybe you will just have D. Sometimes I think if i fight it long enough my body will get it and decide to let it come out the other way. If it was me i would keep with the antiemetics til I was sure i wasnt going to V.

That sucks...sounds so scary! I hope you feel better soon. If you keep having the diarrhea and only dry heaved, I don't think you are going to vomit at this point...your body would have naturally omitted it already I think.

Feel better soon and make sure you call the restaurat and complain!

The diarrhea Is still sort of happening... But it's much more normal than earlier this morning. I never did throw up. My friend did a few times I guess. Ew!

I knew that nausea last night was bad... But the nausea after the diarrhea was probably anxiety you are right.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Oops posted twice
    ☮ ♥ emma

I would call the restaurant!!! And report it to your local health district! That absolutely ridiculous you both were sick! Glad you are feeling better! The emetrol does help! Make sure and rest today!

Oh you poor thing, how awful! I know our natural reaction is to take something, ANYTHING, to make it stop but if you do have food poisoning, the best thing to do is to allow your body to get rid of it naturally. If you take something to stop the diarrhea, it will just keep the toxins in your body longer. If you allow your body to have diarrhea if that's what it needs to do, that's your body's way of getting rid of the "poisoning" in the quickest way possible. Same with the vomiting. But if you're just dry heaving with no relief in sight, then go ahead and take an antiemetic if you want to and see if that helps stop the gagging, but don't stop your body from getting rid of it from the other end.

Feel better soon!! You poor thing.

If you can get some pure apple cider vinegar and or activated charcoal capsules, I have read they work AMAZING for food poisoning...you can goggle it and read about it....