Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default __________

Last edited by carrellim; 10-25-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Default Re: Full Recovery (Please Read)

Wow, that's awesome! I'm so happy you recovered. Good for you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm so happy that you're recovered! But I'm not clear on how you did it? Vitamin B and distraction? Is that it?

Default __________

Last edited by carrellim; 10-25-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Wow that's great!! I am so pleased for you and hope that one day I can beat this monster too..I do have a few good steps already, I mean, I'm not so bad sometimes, but other times I#'m in full blown panic...I think I'm scared not to fear it?

Anyway, I agree with you, I think this site does a lot of fear-reinforcement and it's such a set-back...I think it feeds the fear even more. So I think as my other step, I shall quit this site too or maybe look in this section only.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
    I'm so happy that you're recovered! But I'm not clear on how you did it? Vitamin B and distraction? Is that it?
    Agreed, its too my understanding that many years of therepy and hard work are needed. I fail to see how a vitamen and making yourself ill can be a permanent cure?

Hi I'm savannah I have had it for about 10 years and I Hate it. Its ruining my whole life I'm scared every single day. When I get scared of it I start scratching my arm to take my mind of it. Not for attention, as I'm so ashamed of it. It's embarrassing covering yours arms constantly. When I get it.. I say to my family how I don't want to be here anymore and how I hate my life. It destroys them every time I say it. I need serious help something that really works. I have tried so mNy different things and none of it seems to help at all .. It's just getting worse everyday and every day irate my life more. Please can someone help me? I don't know how much more I can take. Please.

Default __________

Last edited by carrellim; 10-25-2018 at 11:08 PM.

I sent you a private message, Mac. Keep your eye out for it! Thanks
    ☮ ♥ emma

Hi Mac,

I have lots of questions - hopefully not too many.

You did for yourself what many people (myself included) need therapy to do. That's awesome...especially because it was free! In my therapy, the emphasis is on not doing anything to lower anxiety, at least during the exposure itself. When you did make yourself v*, were you not feeling any anxiety in the moment because you had made changes to your life (like exercise) that overall lowered your baseline anxiety, and progress with desensitization, or did you feel anxiety and just motivate yourself to do it to continue to desensitize yourself? Or did you want to make yourself v* for the physical relief from nausea it would bring? I think I may try to do healthy things in my life that also lower anxiety - may make the exposure go better.

Now that your fear is gone, when you are nauseated I imagine you don't panic. How do you interpret the feelings that precede v*ing now - are they just uncomfortable feelings that will pass? Is the act of v*ing still unpleasant for your, are you neutral, or do you now feel that v*ing is better than feeling ill indefinitely?

How long did it take from the b-vitamin drink, through all the desensitization and v* episode, to be rid of the phobia? Also, do you think you would have been as successful if you hadn't v*ed, or do you feel it was necessary for you to v* so you knew you could v* and everything would be ok?

Thank you for sharing your story - this is generally the only page I read on this site; I like knowing of people who have overcome the phobia, or even made small steps in that direction. It makes it seem possible for me to do the same. Thanks again!

Last edited by carrellim; 10-25-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Ha....if someone were to laugh at me while I was getting sick or panicing, id tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. I HATE,HATE,HATE when people don't take my fear seriously! But congrats on the recovery. I've found afew things I do can distract me...until I realize they're distracting me!
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."