Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy My live in boyfriend has the stomach flu! Help!!

Hello,

I love that there is a society for Emet.

Tuesday morning around 4:30am my boyfriend woke up with stomach pains and then started V** around 7:30am. He started to feel better late last night, however i am scared that i will catch it. I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible. We live in a loft so there is really no place for me to go. I slept on the couch last night with my dog. All day yesterday, i didn't eat much and i was just so nervous and afraid to fall asleep. I woke up around 4:30 feeling a little queasy and i was like oh no!

All i could think about right now is, i hope i don't get it and what could I do to avoid it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Default Re: My live in boyfriend has the stomach flu! Help!!

Try not to worry too much about it. Worry will not change what is or what will be....I k ow easier said that done, right? Having said that, I have survived MANY sv's in my home and have not caught it. Keep up with good handwashing/hygiene. Get as much rest as you can and you should be fine! xo

Thank you ballkissangel! It's comforting that I'm not the only one out there.

I agree just because it's in your house doesn't mean you will get it, or that it is even a sv* could be something else? Did he have d*? Or a fever? As long as you have good hygiene you should be ok, keep your immune system strong also! Hope you get some rest tonight!

You probably wont get it, your story isnt as bad as the one time I my mom had the stomach flu a few years back and I wore a surgical mask, rubber gloves and locked myself in my room.

It's really hard to tell what he has because he woke up in the middle of night with stomach pains then V* 3 hrs later. He said his stomach was hurting really bad. He V* a few times but D* the majority of the day. (sorry for the details). He didn't have a fever but he was achy. I assumed it was SV becuase it's that time of year for it.

I felt like such a bad girlfriend because I selpt on the couch again and he looked sad because he wanted to cuddle. I wiped the restroom down with bleach and the kitchen counter tops, door knobs etc. He was looking at me like i was crazy. Anyhow, I'm tired of sleeping on the couch so I will suck it up and sleep in the bed tonight.

It could be a sv* or something he ate, but you are doing the right thing and cleaning with bleach. I hope he is feeling better by now, I am sure you will be ok. Just keep up on your hygiene and you will get past this!

He was feeling better that same day. He's eating habbits are back to normal today.

He feels bad that i selpt on the couch but understands my phobia. He said don't be afraid of me, awww i felt awful. I told him i would sleep in the bed tonight.