Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My brother has the stomach flu, I'm freaking out!!

And I shared a drink with him last night! I'm pretty terrified right now. How likely do you think it is for me to catch it???

Default Re: My brother has the stomach flu, I'm freaking out!!

If you shared the drink with him before he showed symptoms it's impossible for you to get it that way. The ONLY way you could catch it from sharing a drink with him would be if he v*, then immediately drank from the cup and then passed it to you. Even then, it's not a guarantee that you'll get it. You should be fine!

I honestly hope you're right! I've been scared to eat and washing my hands like crazyyy. He got it from his girlfriend who actually got sick at my house so I've been pretty nervous for about 3 days now.

You're good so far! If she was sick at your house I recommend cleaning the bathroom with bleach. It could linger on surfaces, so if you clean with bleach you will further ensure that you won't get it. Just keep up the hand washing and you'll be okay