Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: It happened...

Default It happened...

been feeling sick all night with stomach aches (like period pains)
    had slight d*.... then v* twice however it wasnt full on atall but it was still horrible
    and im so scared its going to happen again...

Default Re: It happened...

Just try and relax, it's the panic that makes it scary, you can do this

Maybe it's anxiety?

Been a little bug around the housee... it could still be anxiety but now i cant sleep!
    I felt sick and drunk loads of water, hate chewing gum and gaviscon... could that of made me sick do you think?

Drinking lots of water when not feeling that great makes it worse for me... Maybe try some herbal tea or something fizzy

How are you feeling now? It could be anxiety...

Erm just v* properly... so scared, i cannot beleive it.
    my mum hasnt even come to help me either
    i wish someone was here

Hello - I just saw this post. How are you doing now? It won't carry on for ever. It will stop. Honestly. Don't drink lots of water if you can help it. Small sips are best because your stomach will still be irritated at the moment. I'm here xxx

I'm sorry you are feeling so unwell...do you have any ginger or any type of antiemetic to take? They will help the nausea and calm you down. You need to get some rest also it is late...can you lay down?

Its not nausea as such anymore. I think ive caught the SV that my sister/stepdad had... i did orginally thought it was anxiety but (sorry for detail) the amount i v* i couldnt think it could be just anxiety.
    Im scared to drink water now...
    and i know its going to happen again and im waitng for it too.Just hate this chest pain which prob means its coming back up... my mum told me to pull myself together I just want a hug or something.
    I cant rest my mind is spinning round plus I think i may V* again

I'm so sorry your mum said that to you!

Sorry - I didn't mean to make you afraid to drink water. It's just that I think gulping water down can annoy the stomach when you have already v*d. Sipping little bits is okay. If you are really thirsty you should drink because you don't want to get dehydrated.

How long were your family members ill with it for? It could well be that the worst is already over for you. The chest pain is not necessarily an indication it will happen again. Did you feel relief after you v*d? xxx

After i v*d i felt so much better! Like my body was empty of the toxins that were irratating me... obviously i feel weak, and ive got a chest pain i think thats strian from the retching and im just exhausted.

my family members were only v* 2-3 times. I v* twice before this time but it was like a gulp of water so i thought it was me being panicky and then I v* half a bowl full... sorry for details.

I think mum thought i was overexageratting like normal, but she didnt come up when it fully happened which has upset me x

The worst is probably over with now...try to lay down and relax and rest...since you have already been sick and you said it made you feel better, you now need to take care of yourself so you get better fast!

Just really scared its going to happen again I cant relax and I really want my Mumxx

Does she know you are phobic? I don't see any reason why it would happen again - it sounds like the nausea has passed I think? It doesn't always happen multiple times for people. I think the chest pain is probably your diaphragm which will have contracted to cause the v*. You are a very brave person; you're doing really well xxx

Yes she does know im phobic, I just think she thinks if shes a bit stricter I dont panic more because I have to do it myself. I see her logic. Shes bullimic you see so sickness is easy for her.

Just v* again, but hardly anything came up because i v* it all up the first go! So painful trying to v* nothing...

Thankyou. SOrry if im giving you too much detail but I just need to talk about it xxxx

I disagree with her approach because I think you really need and deserve support at the moment!

Don't worry about details - doesn't bother me at all, it's fine to talk about it

Do you feel worse trying to v* nothing? If so then drinking some water would be good. It will stop, you know; it's not going to carry on indefinitely. I know it can feel that way. It's ever so late - I'm in the UK too - are you tired?

Was your stepdad ill for long with this? Has the d* stopped? xxx

I feel bad for you. I know you were scared when your little sister got sick. I read your post. I hope you feel better. When this is over please try to explain this to your mom.

Oh, sweetie a big cyber hug from me. I hope it is all over for you! I hope you are feeling better! Get some rest!

Still not sletp and been v*ing pretty much every half an hour... I just want it to stop so bad
    Its always me and I just want company but no one wants to catch it!

Im so sorry hun...but...you made it through this! You should be so proud of yourself!!! Big hugs and as others said, this will be over soon...by tomorrow you'll be feeling 100 times better!

Oh dear, how horrible for you. Can't your step dad or sis sit with you? If they've already had it, they won't catch anything. Let ice cubes melt slowly in your mouth to re-hydrate you a bit.

try to take a anti-emet medicine. thats what i HATE about sv... the continuous V is not even necessary and does not serve any real purpose.

the good thing is you had it, made it through ok and you probably will be good for another year. well technically your immune for about 4 months.

Slept most of the day now and not v* again- thank god! Terrified that I will tonight though. Night times are so scary... i just wish i never caught this, but nothing i can do now... its just completely unstoppable

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Randle View Post
    Slept most of the day now and not v* again- thank god! Terrified that I will tonight though. Night times are so scary... i just wish i never caught this, but nothing i can do now... its just completely unstoppable

just drink water and tea and use the brat diet for a few days. i also recommend a good probiotic. if you have not V since yesterday you should be fine tonight.

Hi... So sorry you are going through this. Worst nightmare I know. But if you could take an antiemetic or even pepto if you've gone some hours without getting sick, that may insure you won't anymore. Go light on fluids, small amounts continuously cuz you need to get your strength back...good luck hun, and take care of yourself.

I left v* 12 hours ago now... I have drunk a fair bit of water aswell so hoping as that hasnt come up it should be the last of the v*

So worried... got a temperature now, stomach pains and slight diarrhea...
    Will i be sick again??

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Randle View Post
    So worried... got a temperature now, stomach pains and slight diarrhea...
    Will i be sick again??
    I doubt you will be sick again...you should be ok your body is just still fighting the virus. Just stya hydrated and rest rest and rest! Also take a good quality probiotic! They will help immensly!

Since it has been so long since you last v* I think you are in the clear. Last time I had the sv* I didn't get a fever until after I was all done v*....then had a fever and d*.