Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy It was the most horrible thing ever

I cant stop thinking about last christmas because I caught the stomach flu and I have SEVERE anxiety, alot of it is because of my emetophobia. I never throw up, hardly ever anyways and then I got the stomach flu. I didnt feel well for a few days I had lots of diarrhea and a really bad stomach ache that wouldnt go away. Finally I realized I was dangerously dehydrated so my mom took me to the hospital because I had lots of near fainting episodes. They did tests on me and the doctor came into the room with the news of what was causing me to feel so awful in my stomach, waiting and waiting he said those three words "You have gastroenderitis aka stomach flu" I bursted into tears and im like " I WONT PUKE RIGHT?!" and he said "well you should be vomiting" that made me way more upset so I headed home and cried for a long time, got some rest, then woke up in the middle of the night because I felt sooo much worse nausea wise and I took a gravol while panicing , then that dreaded awful "im about to throw up" sensation came, I suddenly and violently dry heaved 7 times before throwing up the tiny bit of acid in my stomach. by then I was too weak to really react so I went back to sleep, the next night I felt even worse, but this time I threw up ALOOOTTT! that time I panicked and called the ambulance.... because I threw up lol sad eh. I never want it to happen again, I still cry when I feel sick because im afraid

Default Re: It was the most horrible thing ever

this scares me i had no idea it was possible to feel d* for days before v*! ugh how terrifying id be just as scared as you at this point, but i guess the good thing is you survived it right? thats what we always have to tell ourselves although it rarely helps lol sadly