Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Its taking over my life

I have a different kind of emetaphobia. Although I hate it when I think it is happening to me it is not the same as the blind panic and irrational fear of when it happens to whoever is closest to me, I used to be obsessed with my Mum and brother, now its my husband. And it is a truly irrational fear and it makes me controlling and horrible and I hate it. I am frightened all the time and logically I know there is no reason for it. He recently had stomach flu and it was awful but he survived and so did I and he was fine in a few days so I know logically there is nothing to be scared of but I am anyway. And since then I have been even more on edge. In my own home I am constantly on edge and I hate it and I hate how I am with him. I want to be loving and nurturing but the fear takes over and I just want to run. I hate being so weak and stupid and I hate that it seems to be getting worse as I get older not better even though as an adult I should be wiser and not let it take over my life.

Default Re: Its taking over my life

I am so sorry you feel like this, but please don't beat yourself up about it. You're part of a community where everyone understands and feels like you.

You're not a terrible wife. Have you spoken to your husband about your fears? And have you tried getting any help at all? xxx

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlestranger View Post
    I am so sorry you feel like this, but please don't beat yourself up about it. You're part of a community where everyone understands and feels like you.V

You're not a terrible wife. Have you spoken to your husband about your fears? And have you tried getting any help at all? xxx
    Thank you for reply

I tried therapy but it didn't work out. I haven't told my husband because I dont know how and I worry it would affect how he thinks of me and my ability to be a good mother (we do not have any children)

I think I might try therapy again!

I think it's time for me to start therapy again, for this anxiety and phobia is taking control of me as well. I hope you get the help you're looking for and that the rest of us can as well. It's hard.. and it doesn't need to be!
    ☮ ♥ emma