Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panic Mode - Please help

Little background - On tuesday morning, my daughter woke up and v* once, a very little amount. Then seemed fine. She said she was hungry, so I fed her a couple hours later. She got sick again. Then seemed fine. Woke up from nap and said she was hungry, so I fed her again. And she got sick again. So she got sick a total of 3 times, but the last 2 might have been because I fed her too much food on a sensitive stomach.

Does this sound like a stomach bug or could it have been food poisoning? She never had a fever.

It has been 48 hours since my daughters last episode and I am still in panic mode. I have sanitized every surface I can think of multiple times, washed everything, wash my hands a million times a day. Nobody else in my family has any symptoms. Do you think we are in the clear?

I know the bug can live on surfaces for 2 weeks and that absolutely mortifies me.....

Default Re: Panic Mode - Please help

please please - someone help calm me down

Hello,

I've expirenced the same thing tues morning with my boyfriend. I still can't figure out if its SV or food poisining. Anyhow, I was in panic mode and i did the same thing you did.

Did she have any stomach pain, fever etc?

I'm not trying to scare you but it could be a sv*, my son had one tis past summer where he v*ed just once and then wouldn't eat for 4 days, he had d* though but no fever. But was playing and acting fine within 12 hours after v*ing. I think you are doing the correct thing, lysol and bleach everything especially everyhting in the bathroom! But 48 hours afterwards I think you are in the clear just make sure your house is clean clean clean!

CMM811 - did you get sick from your son?

My daughter didn't complain of stomach pain and she didn't have a fever. No d* either.

Quote Originally Posted by becky317 View Post
    CMM811 - did you get sick from your son?

My daughter didn't complain of stomach pain and she didn't have a fever. No d* either.
    Nope not this time...he v*ed all over his dad & his girlfriends bed and then had d* here at my house and no one got sick. And I know his dad isn't as clean (like emet) clean as I am but even here when he had d* I wiped him and sprayed down the bathroom with Lysol...