Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question read please and state ur opinion

a friend and i got into a conversation on Facebook and he brought this up please tell me ur opinion.

yeah, it's bad to stay in your house all the time. that's why people get sick in the winter. you're breathing the same stale air over and over again. you don't even need to get it from someone else. the germs could have been there to begin with and not made you sick, but once they have a chance to populate past a certain percentage, it can cross a threshold with your immune system and you'll get sick.

my reply was

Ashley Rishton
    not with the stomach flu, and this bug that is going around, i kno EVERYTHING about the stomach flu cause i have emetophobia badddd, with this flu u have to inhale vomit or fecee particles threw ur nose from direct contact with a sick perso...n, or touching something they touched without washing your hands. It can live onsurfaces but not longer than a few days. lysol or bleach water will kill it fast. sanatizers dont pretect u only handwashing, lol im (this kidnda flu) genious. im not sure what kinda sickness's ur talking about u catch from ur own clean house. When they say people get sick cause there indorrs more in the winter i always assumed it was, people being in close contact with other sick people causing it to transfer from person to person quickily in places like nusing homes and schools and hospitals.See More

Default Re: read please and state ur opinion

She probably meant the flu virus, not the stomach flu. You're not completely right, either though. You don't breathe in the stomach virus, you have to INGEST it...
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: read please and state ur opinion

Confinement breeds infection. In winter, we spend more time indoors, with the windows shut, breathing in the same recycled air, in rooms that may not get a lot of circulation, giving us more opportunities to be exposed to viruses, especially respiratory ones. The winter air, inside and outside, also tends to be less humid, drying nasal passages and making it easier for viruses to get in the body through the nose.

Sure, you can spend the entire season locked in your home but you need groceries right? And you get mail? Other family members come in and out? Those things can bring a virus into your "safe" home. Not trying to scare you, just putting things in perspective. So really, isolating yourself out of fear doesn't keep you any safer than if you were to live your life as normal as possible and just pracice basic hygiene: ie don't touch your face and wash your hands before you eat.