Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panicky/feeling gross

Everytime I feel even the least bit off I get so so nervous. Like right now for instance. I woke up alright, but after my shower I felt gross and gassy. Now the nausea is in my throat. I'm babysitting right now and I'm trying to relax... It's going to be ok right?
    ☮ ♥ emma

Default Re: Panicky/feeling gross

Hey
    I feel just like you do right now! you're not alone. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine, if you're anything like me feeling nauseous has just become a part of having this phobia. I also have that feeling in my throat.. kinda like you've got sick in your throat right? Sorry that's a bit gross I know, but that's what I feel like but i'm putting it down to acid reflux cause I often get that, and gassy-ness comes with that too.

I'm sure you'll be fine, just try and focus on something else (distract yourself with the kids?) and hopefully you'll forget all about it

Thanks, I'm playing with them now. I'm trying to read recovery threads to make me feel better
    ☮ ♥ emma

I came home, ate some dinner, and felt ok. About 15 minutes after though I started feeling very sick. Upset stomach, irregular bm, just bad...

Trying not to freak out.. But... What if...
    ☮ ♥ emma

hopefully you are ok! sounds like just anxiety. have you tried any antiemetics or mints? they always help me!

I took some tums and it helped a bit. I still have a stomachache unfortunately!
    ☮ ♥ emma

that would actually reassure me, haha! its just nausea that makes me panic...and anxiety can definitely give you a stomach ache. i've had one from it before. i think u are ok! play some games with the kids...although they may be asleep at this point. glad you feel a little bit better.

Ugh I just had a bit of d*. Dang it!
    ☮ ♥ emma

d is better than v!! does your stomach hurt less?

Yes. But it comes back every 15 minutes or so it seems.
    ☮ ♥ emma

This is so stupid. Why can't I just be normal.
    ☮ ♥ emma

just an observation but you seem to be having alot of issues from your numerous posts. are you seeing both a therapist and a doctor for your stomach problems?

I have IBS and dairy issues. So honestly I've had a sensitive stomach my entire life. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but with my emet flaring up it makes it so much worse.

I am on anti anxiety meds but obviously they aren't helping. I will call the doctor tomorrow and ask what I should do. He knows all about the anxiety/phobia. I have had therapy in the past but cannot find affordable therapy right now.
    ☮ ♥ emma

How are you feeling? I also have ibs symptoms and have to avoid dairy due to my chronic acid reflux. It sucks having a sensitive stomach. I'm feeling sick right now hope you are doing well

Of course it is going to be okay! That is what I should work more on telling myself. Just because you have nausea doesn't mean it is always related to the stomach virus. There are many reasons why one can feel nauseas. Especially, if one is having some anxiety side effects.