Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help help help omg can't cope!

Omg I'm having a panic attack! Need help I'm so scared! Last night My friend came over and I felt ok ish I mean i never feel 100% coz im always scared of getting a bug! Anyway we ate a burger and chips that my mum has cooked and she cooked them well and properly coz shes emet too so I trust her food and after I ate it I got really bad stomach ache like I needed D but I have ibs so thought maybe the grease did it coz I never eat burgers for that reason anyway I didn't have d but the d pain kept coming and going really bad all night and this morning too! But I still couldn't go if I did it wasn't d but it wasnt a normal stool (sorry for the info) This morning at 6am my mum had to go to hospital coz she's having an operation so ive had my 5 year old sister getting her ready for school with this bad belly ache which was hard, I ate a slice of toast this morning it gave me bad belly ache worse! Just dropped my sister off at school and as soon as I walked in the door home I knw I was gonna have d so ran upstairs and it was really bad and I feel REALLY really sick!! My stomach aches eased a tiny but now ibe been to the loo but not much and this feeling sick is so bad I'm sure it's. Bug but I lock myself in my house 24/7 for weeks so I don't catch one as wash my hands all the time
    So I don't understand but I'm panic attacking and so So scared!!! My mouths really dry too when my bf had the SV ge said he has a really dry mouth and I'm so tired but don't dare try sleep incase I wake up being sick! Please help me I can't cope I want to die and I have to pick my sister up at 3 and have her on my own overnight I can't do thisn

Default Re: Help help help omg can't cope!

My sisters dad (who doesn't live with us) is driving over to help with my sister when she's back from school and I've asked him to sit in the house with me through the day now because I can't cope I'm so scared I can't breathe and my body's shaking like mad and I feel like I'm glnna be Sick I can feel it at the top of my stomach like I need to retch but when it gets to that point I start breathing really slow and hard to try make it go but it doesn't completely go I feel so bad Im terrirfied I even got a sick bag incase but that scares me more! My mouth is really dry but I can't drink coz when my bf has the bug before Xmas he was drinking and it was just coming straight back up and the thought is scaring me! I can't handle this at all I want to die I WANT TO DIE!!!!

You are going to be FINE. This definitely sounds like anxiety to me. You just need to try your very hardest to calm yourself down. You will get through this. I am sure the burger aggravated your stomach a bit especially since you mentioned you don't normally eat burgers. Red meat is usually hard on my stomach so I avoid things like burgers, steaks, etc. Anxiety also causes dry mouth. Whenever my anxiety is at its worst, I definitely experience dry mouth and it always used to freak me out too until I started to realize the developing pattern whenever I was anxious. You are perfectly capable of bringing yourself out of the panic, but only if you let yourself. Watch a movie or play a game--just do anything to keep yourself distracted! Trust me, it works! Try giving yourself a pep talk. I know you will be fine. I hope you feel better soon!

Why would I have such bad d though? My mums textin me from the hospital she's saying it will just be ibs but my ibs hasn't been this bad in years and usually when I have ibs it's night time after I've eaten which Is why I thought it was the burger giving me stomach ache last night but now that nights been and gone it can't be! And I feel so so sick! Hate it so much! I'm reading into every symptom and comparing it with what my bf had and like they're all the same! Except he had no symptom until he was sick but maybe my first symptom was the D instead and then after that he got D alongside the sickness and was dizzy felt like he couldn't stand up/walk without passing out and had a really dry mouth and I have all that too! IF the d is ibs the rest COULD be anxiety but in juat so confused about the d it's got to be a bug sorry to rant on and on I'm just terrirfied! I feel like I could drop straight asleep now too if I closed my eyes which could be coz I couldn't get to sleep til 12ish last night then was up early with my sister for her school so that could be why but I'm scared of goin to sleep coz after my bf was first sick he fell asleep and woke up within 5-10mins feeling worse and was CONSTANTLY sick with d badly for the next 12 hours or something! Isk how he coped coz of I was Sick even once I'd be contemplating how to kill myself incase it happened again let alone for 12 hours !!! So scared

it does sound like a really bad panic attack to me. i know that just a little odd twinge in my tummy or intestines can send me over the edge into panic sometimes. plus the fact that you ate greasy food, have ibs, your mom is in the hospital, you are responsible for your little sister, home alone.......are alot of added factors for panic.......

try and calm yourself.......i think if you're tired and can sleep....go to sleep.....i always prefer sleeping through a n panic if i can.......

i'm sure you will be just fine.......your mind is just stuck in emet mode.......find a good distraction and push it away.......

hope you and your mom are feeling better soon
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jsb333 View Post
    Why would I have such bad d though? My mums textin me from the hospital she's saying it will just be ibs but my ibs hasn't been this bad in years and usually when I have ibs it's night time after I've eaten which Is why I thought it was the burger giving me stomach ache last night but now that nights been and gone it can't be! And I feel so so sick! Hate it so much! I'm reading into every symptom and comparing it with what my bf had and like they're all the same! Except he had no symptom until he was sick but maybe my first symptom was the D instead and then after that he got D alongside the sickness and was dizzy felt like he couldn't stand up/walk without passing out and had a really dry mouth and I have all that too! IF the d is ibs the rest COULD be anxiety but in juat so confused about the d it's got to be a bug sorry to rant on and on I'm just terrirfied! I feel like I could drop straight asleep now too if I closed my eyes which could be coz I couldn't get to sleep til 12ish last night then was up early with my sister for her school so that could be why but I'm scared of goin to sleep coz after my bf was first sick he fell asleep and woke up within 5-10mins feeling worse and was CONSTANTLY sick with d badly for the next 12 hours or something! Isk how he coped coz of I was Sick even once I'd be contemplating how to kill myself incase it happened again let alone for 12 hours !!! So scared
    That's your answer right there. You are reading into everything and convincing yourself you must be sick, therefore, you feel sick as a result. It is very possible to have severe diarrhea due to anxiety. Just really try and calm yourself down. Anxiety affects the body in strange, but fascinating ways. It is amazing how much the 'mind over matter' concept rings true.

You're right I'm definitely not helping matters
    With my panicking and I know comparing to what my bf had is convincing me maybe wrongly but the negative side of me is telling myself that even though I literally couldn't cope if I were sick, I would cope even less if Id been telling myself all morning it's ibs/anxiety and then I was sick and it turned out to be a bug! I'm one of them 'If you think negatively and then it turns out not to be so bad it's a bonus' people (which I hate an do need to work on!) but arghh! I've stopped panic attacking now... It's been just over an hour since the d! If it was a bug (just pretend I'm a normal person for a min that doesn't have ibs or anxiety or emet) Would I have been sick in this space since the D? Or At least gone again in the meantime? I'm so sorry I'm annoying and like this!!!! I have a number for cbt to refer myself I'm going to do today don't think it will work but I have nothing to lose!

Well I am glad you have calmed down. Give yourself a pat on the back. You got through the panic! If it were a bug, which it's not, then yes, I do believe you would have been sick by now. Good idea!! However, if you go into it thinking it won't work for you, then it is not going to. Go in there with an open mind. Good luck

You will be fine! You can do this! Anxiety is very negative thus it makes you feel negative. Just remember that you will be okay! Try to think positive thoughts to feel positive!

Are you feeling any better today?? Sorry for the late response....