Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: what hurts

Default what hurts

i was wondering what hurts you the most ...
    seing people live everyday for the fullest, no fear, no worries, no anxiety,...
    not being able to eat in public places in all times...
    what does rly hurts you the most??

Default Re: what hurts

What hurts me the most is knowing that I can't really live a "normal" life. It hurts that I've changed as a person over the last couple of years and I'm not the same person that my partner fell in love with. I put a lot of strain on him (I don't WANT to, but he's the only person I can really talk to about it) but he tells me that he'll love me and support me forever, no matter what. I look around at other people and am saddened that I'm plagued by my fear every day of my life. I want to be the person I used to be because I hate the person I've become. I'm not care-free anymore and I find it difficult to enjoy living my life sometimes. I have good days and I have bad days just like everyone else, but sometimes my mind just takes over and things feel hopeless. One thing that I do think about when I'm having a bad day is that there are millions of people in the world who have so much more to deal with than me. They are my inspiration. A little girl fighting against cancer, a husband who has recently lost his wife, a couple who have lost their newborn baby. These are the people who have strength and strength is something I really admire. So no matter how difficult I think my life is sometimes, I think of these people. They help me without even knowing it.

What hurts me is than when people I love are poorly, and I am more concerned with getting out of there than helping them.

What hurts me the most is I know that I am capable of living an amazing life and doing exactly what I want to do and succeeding. I am smart, driven, and capable of success. What holds me back is constantly worrying and thinking about vomit, and it makes me unable to live my life to the fullest.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

What hurts me the most, which may sound rude, but is when people try to be nice to me. It gets me confused and I usually get a flush of anger if I get comforted. My subconscious wants me to be grateful and happy for their actions, but past experiences are tugging at me at the same time. That V*, that hurts the worst, though everybody says it doesn't, it does... allot >.>

Seeing people live to the fullest with no anxiety issues

Quote Originally Posted by emilyemetophobic View Post
    Seeing people live to the fullest with no anxiety issues
    I agree. Not that I want them to live with anxiety, but rather that I yearn to be like them.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I just feel like everything is out of my hands at times and I cannot get ahold of my emotions. What truly hurts is when people brush me off when I am truly depressed or anxious (could be completely unrelated to this phobia). I am a very compassionate person and I will always be there for someone in need of a shoulder to cry on, but most times, I feel as if I am not allowed to break down and it's very frustrating. Unfortunately, my boyfriend has a very, very hard time understanding my depression flare ups and it tends to put a bit of strain on our relationship. He always says, 'well why are you depressed? You have no reason to be'. What he doesn't understand is that I don't know why I feel the way I feel. That being said, I know I cannot blame him for not understanding and he does a wonderful job of cheering me up so that definitely helps immensely.

Definitely seeing other people being completely care-free and with no anxiety. I'm just so jealous of them and can't understand how they don't get worried about things!! Though i'm sure they do, it's probably just that they worry about real problems and rational things.

DeadxxInside92 I know what you mean about people finding it hard to understand depression. I don't suffer myself but my friend does and because it's not something you can give a reason for like I'm depressed because of x y and z a lot of people just don't believe her or think she's attention seeking and don't appreciate what she's going through. It's a hard thing for people to understand unless theyve been through it themselves/have someone close with it. It's good that you have your bf to at least help cheer you up

Amen Rachel, I cou'dn't have said it better myself. I want to get better. Live like I have no fear !! I know there are many people dealing with bigger issues, but "WE" know how hard this fear is and it can alter our lives....Blessings to us all !

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseR View Post
    Definitely seeing other people being completely care-free and with no anxiety. I'm just so jealous of them and can't understand how they don't get worried about things!! Though i'm sure they do, it's probably just that they worry about real problems and rational things.

DeadxxInside92 I know what you mean about people finding it hard to understand depression. I don't suffer myself but my friend does and because it's not something you can give a reason for like I'm depressed because of x y and z a lot of people just don't believe her or think she's attention seeking and don't appreciate what she's going through. It's a hard thing for people to understand unless theyve been through it themselves/have someone close with it. It's good that you have your bf to at least help cheer you up
    I am sure if the roles were switched and I had never been depressed in my life, I would have a difficult time understanding it as well. I am very thankful he is so supportive

I feel so bad that I can't help take care of my hubby when he gets sick...instead I just run away and panic...its so unnatural and its such an awful feeling.