Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My throat?!!

Default My throat?!!

I dont know what it is, but its really scaring me. It feels like a huge lump in there. It feels like my throat is nauseated and that i could v* at anytime. I was fine allllllllllllllllll night, and then when i had to take my buddy home it got bad. I had to pull over and pace outside. Now im home. I took a phenergan a half hour ago. What is this wierd throat feeling??!?!

Default Re: My throat?!!

it's called anxiety........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh its just anxiety, sometimes I get gaggy feelings in my throat for no apparent reason even when im not anxious, you are DEFFINATLY NOT going to throw up I can say that The cold does it to me for some reason, makes my throat feel gaggy, I cant ever wear scarves because of it.

Definitely anxiety. I get that lump alllll the time. I also get it with acid reflux, and I get gaggy feelings with that too, so you could be having a touch of that.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Right...i just dont know when its gonna be time again. Since i always feel like it, how am i gonna know whens its really time to do it? I v* on november 26th for the first time in 3 years. Im not sure if i had the stomach bug or if it was bad food , or just being worked up. So im hoping i wont v* for a while. But if you can, read the post im about to put up. I need some advice?

Can you easily get phenergan prescribed? I would love to have an anti nausea drug to have around. Although when I have extreme anxiety I don't know if it would help.

It's anxiety, and when i feel like you are feeling i call it throat nausea - it won't cause actual vomiting.

When you are about to be sick for real you will just know there's no mistaking it, it's like needing a wee or a poo, you don't sit there wondering if you really will wee or not you just know, even though it is hard to describe that feeling, and it's the same with vomiting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek View Post

When you are about to be sick for real you will just know there's no mistaking it, it's like needing a wee or a poo, you don't sit there wondering if you really will wee or not you just know, even though it is hard to describe that feeling, and it's the same with vomiting.
    This is the best way I've heard it described.
    Come visit my history blog:

That lump you feel is called Globus Hystericus - not at all dangerous - caused/fuelled by anxiety.

Here's what you can do for relief:

Step 1
    Find a quiet place to be. Now, take a warm flannel or face-cloth and hold it against your throat and neck for a minute. DON'T burn your skin with scalding hot water.
    Step 2
    Now, take the flannel away. Stand upright with your back against a wall or sit on a stool so that your back is straight. Tilt your head back as far as it will comfortably go so that you can feel a stretch in your throat – you will now be looking up at the ceiling. Hold this for five seconds.
    Step 3
    Now, slowly roll your head to the left and then to the right, still maintaining the stretch in your throat. Take 5 seconds to complete one complete left to right roll. Do this 10 times.
    Step 4
    Now, place your hand on your throat at the position where it meets your chest and locate the two 'stringy' muscles which run down each side of your adams apple and disappear behind your chest bones. Now, using one or two hands, firmly (but make sure it is comfortable), massage those muscles LENGTHWAYS, massaging out any tension. Do this for 2 minutes.
    Step 5
    If you detect any more tense muscles in the neck, either side of the windpipe, just give them a massage to release them.
    Step 6
    Now go back to doing the head rolls for a further 5 repetitions and relax.
    Sit still for a few minutes to allow your muscles to relax. Slowly get up and walk around.

Now, this may not have an immediate effect, but doing it regularly throughout the day can have good effect.