Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Dilema!! Help!!

Default Dilema!! Help!!

So I posted something similar yesterday but I really need some input!! My girlfriend had a sv* last wed. She hasnt had any stomach related symptoms since Thursday morning. I was with her while she was sick (not when she actually v*ed or had d* because she got sick at work and got it out there...I only came over when she got home) We slept in the same bed and I sat with her on the couch so she wouldn't be alone. (This is huge because I have never done anything like that for anyone before...normally I run in the opposite direction but I didn't want her to be alone). Anyway, I was really good about washing my hands and did not kiss her at all. I left her on Saturday night and have not gotten sick yet so I think I am in the clear...right?!?! Anyway, I am supposed to see her again tonight and I really want to kiss her but I am terrified to. I don't know if she is still contagious or if the sv* is even present in saliva. I havent kissed her in over a week and I'm dying here! I know if the tables were turned she would have kissed me already
    I hate this phobia and the state of panic it puts me in!! Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!!

Default Re: Dilema!! Help!!

I would think it's okay to kiss her. I personally would wait a full week because I just like to be totally in the clear. She can still be contagious through her feces, so she needs to wash her hands properly after using the bathroom to prevent contamination. She can still be contagious orally if she still has vomit particles in her mouth. I'm sure she's washed her mouth out plenty of times by then. I would imagine a closed mouth kiss would be fine, I wouldn't do any french kissing this early but that's just me.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.