Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation All comes down to this!

So i have a huge problem on my hands. As you all know, im on prozac. And have been since 09. For 2 years i was back to normal, not worrying about v* . EVER! I was taking 30Mg of prozac when i was good for that. They were either Blue ovals, or Blue and Orange capsules. But this past november, i got what i thought was a little stomach bug and had only 2 "sessions" of v*. After that, i got real miserable, thats when i found this site, so i upped my prozac to 40 and was back on the road after a couple weeks of misery. Then, i got a refill, but changed it to walgreens pharmacy. (I was originaly using wal mart pharmacy) So i picked them up from walgreens, and their in a different bottle and are not anything like the others. The new ones were White capsules with orange stripes. So i didnt like that, but i still took them. Well just recently, im back to feeling miserable every night and day. NOW.....I just called my doctor today, and she said she would fill me one more out, so i can go to wal mart and get them back. So i was sooo happy. So i get there to pick them up, and AGAIN I WENT BACK TO WAL MART, I get them and there in a different bottle, and are ALL BLUE CAPSULES. I was like ughhh. I asked her if they still work the same, she said yes. Its just a different manufacturer. But i think its part placebo effect. I want my old pills back that were working. Should i just tell my self these are the same things, just better look? I need some reassurance!

Sorry its so long~~

Thanks guys!

Default Re: All comes down to this!

try to trust your doctor. if she says they're the same, then they're the same. docs are always really careful. if they gave someone the wrong meds they could lose their job. i think you should take them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Right. But i did that the first time. With the white and orange ones. They werent working. But those were from walgreens. Now i got ones from wal mart, but there still different. So hopefully they will work.

are they perscription? because if she's perscribing you the same thing each time they probably shouldn't be looking different...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes. They are perscription

They could also just be a generic brand. They wouldn't do that without telling you. They can't do that kind of thing without telling you.
    Come visit my history blog:

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    They could also just be a generic brand. They wouldn't do that without telling you. They can't do that kind of thing without telling you.
    Actually....as far as I know doctors CAN prescribe generics without mentioning it to you. They usually just check a box on the actual prescription that says something like "generic okay" or whatever. But I think pharmacists can't change to generics without Drs approval.

And usually they work the exactly the same...they just cost you a lot less money. It might be just the placebo effect that's going on, but if it really bothers you I'd check back in with your Dr.

Good luck!

Do docs give a placebo? I thought that was only if they thought there was a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsmom View Post
    Do docs give a placebo? I thought that was only if they thought there was a problem.
    Oops...I just reread my post. I should've worded that different. What I meant was because they looked different he might be just thinking they don't work as well...even though they're the exact same thing.

And actually a placebo contains no medicine whatsoever...

i know i've told you this before........been on the same dosage of prozac for 20 years.......at first there was no generic.......god, it was soooo expensive. since the geneic was introduced my same pills have probably changed colors about 4 times........they still work the same.......

you need to try and change your way of thinking about them.......they are the same thing......no matter what color they are......try and remind yourself of this......
    how i feel about emet

No no, I didn't mean they can't prescribe generic brands without asking, I meant they can't give the OP a placebo without his knowledge, I wouldn't think.
    Come visit my history blog: