Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Indian food !!!

Default Indian food !!!

Ok, had an Indian takeaway this evening. (Not my choice), bad idea, my stomach has been quite sensitive recently. I have had a bit of d* so far tonight (1:20 AM UK time). Having horrible rotten eggy burps. Stomach/intenstinal pains.
    Feeling rather rubbish at the moment. Emet has reared its ugly head. Feel like i am 50% the way to actually V*. Scared, havent v* in 8 years and panicking.
    Taken an indigestion tablet, has helped a bit i think. Can't get to sleep, especially now emet is dominating my thoughts. Really need help.
    Worried that i might v*
    Worried i will be very scared/feel worse/ flip out if i do v*
    Please help
    You're friend and fellow Emet, Peter

Default Re: Indian food !!!

Hey Peter,

Hopefully you are asleep by now, but I really do think you are having indigestion from the Indian food. Even if the food isn't bad, the spices can really irritate your stomach if you are not used to them. I am glad the indigestion tablet helped! I don't know what the UK equivalent of this is, but try a gas reliever (gas-x in the US) and maybe pepto. It will help with the indigestion. I really don't think you will v*, I think you just feel uncomfortable.

Feel better!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Default Re: Indian food !!!

I hope you feel better soon!!! Yes, Indian food can cause indigestion for sure. I've gotten it after eating it too...same goes with mexican food.

I don't know if they sell Brioschi (almost like an alka seltzer) there, but that helps me wonders when I have indigestion.