Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
I'd really like to see a study that says alcohol hand sanitizers kill norovirus. (Not talking about their wipes, but they say in the article that 62% alcohol solutions will kill it.) They only cite 2 studies, one from 1999 (basically useless) and another from 2003, which is still 10 years old. So if they're off-base about the alcohol gels they sell, where is the science to back up anything else they say?

I'll tell you why these kind of ads make me mad. I mean, on the one hand, if emets can feel "safer" with alcohol gels then why burst their bubbles you might ask. Well, because if it's a crock and emets use the products and catch noro anyway then they come on the boards and scare everyone else by saying they've been "very hygienic" and caught it anyway.

Zipity - I want to thank you for posting this. I really appreciate anyone who posts links like this, so I can check them out. So keep finding this kind of stuff, folks. But don't take anybody's word for it that is trying to sell you something.
Hey Sage!

Does the Clorox hand sanitizer have alcohol in it? I was wondering because I was thinking of buying it. Do you think it kills the Norwalk virus (noro)?