Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

It is so not as contagious as norovirus. As long as you wash your hands everything is fine. I talked to an infection control nurse today and she said that all you have to do it walk in a patients room right after they have been sick with v* and/or d* and you should consider yourself sick.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] UGH. She was just trying to make a point of just how contagious it is versus c-diff.

YUCK...I dont wanna be a nurse anymore[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

WOW!!! Unbelievable!!! and of course GROSS!!!!

What is C-difficile? I find that hard to believe that you can catch it just by being in the same room with someone who has it.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

No.....thats not what I meant. C-Diff is kinda of hard to catch unless you don't wash your hands...best believe I always wash my hands. Norovirus is so contagious that after someone in a patient room (of a nursing home or hospitalis what environment I am talking about) is sick with v* and/or diarrhea and a nurse or whoever walks in right after the episode or are in the same room at the time "it" happens you can catch it. There was a post about c-diff and I said I would ask a medical professional about it. I did not say that all you have to do is walk in a room with a patient with c-diff - actually when you walk in a room with a c-diff patient you must wear a gown and gloves and a face shield if exposure risk is high!...

UGH I would NOT BE A NURSE if that was the case!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Edited by: madisonsmom