Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Need help/advice please

I went to a smoking counseling class last night I have been planning on going and had to wait a month and a half. Well it was yesterday and my husband knew about it for as long as I did. He got called into work and didn't tell me. So I planned on leaving the kids with him while I went to the class. Well change of plans even though he called the guy to tell him he was going to be late he made me feel guilty for having plans. So I called my dad over to sit with the kids while I was at class. So my dad was here about 3 hrs last night. He called me today and says he's been v* and d* all day with the chills. I'm so freaked out. I bleached what I could and sprayed lysol everywhere. I know Lysol doesn't do anything but it mentally makes me feel a tiny bit better. I'm so freaked right now. What can I do? Is there high chances of us getting it?

Default Re: Need help/advice please

Need to talk again. It may just be all in my head but I don't feel well and when I ate a bite of pop tart it tasted funny. Hopefully it's just because it's a. A pop tart b. The bleach I was cleaning with and not c. I have what my dad has. He sounds really bad off and it scares me so bad to think of having the sv and it's even more scary to think of my kids with it. I feel so helpless when they are sick and asking me for help and to make it stop. It's such a nightmare.

Your dad could be suck for a number of reasons...bit you did all that you can do to clean any (if there is any which I doubt there is) germs of a sv*. Lysol does in fact kill Noro if you have the bottle that says it on the back! Which most do I believe! It's hard to say if he would have exposed anyone prior to showing symptoms, that being said you should be fine and again your dad could be sick for many dismfferent reasons!

As long as your dad didn't vomit or have a bowel movement at yours, it'll be fine. People aren't contagious until they start to feel ill, generally. You'll be ok, and good luck with quitting smoking, best thing you'll ever do!

I feel for you, I know how scary that is, but you cleaned everything, so there is not much else you can do but wait and hope. I hope everything turns out ok!

Best you can do is stay away from the sickys, clean what is touched the most and for your own sake you can clean it over and over again. Especially clean the toilet and lightswitch and doorknobs but bost of all...was your hand very very good before you touch food or come near your face with your hands.
    The noro virus goes through the mouth. If you watch that carefully, you should be fine in my opinion.