Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Medium rare

Exclamation Medium rare

So i ordered a medium rare burger, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY. I was so hungry that like half way through I panicked because the texture felt weird and I never inspected it! I feel like it may have been too rare, my husban says it was rare but not raw... I'm hoping that the parts I ate were ok I'm now terrified, then u msge the mistake of looking up what a medium rare burger should look like and just found tons of stuff about how you should never eat rare meat... Please if you comment on this DO NOT SAY ANTHING ABOUT GETTING SICK FROM RARE MEAT OR THAT YOU SHOULDN'T EAT IT.
    I'm scared enough as it is, I don't know why though, the part that was pink I spit out, I just don't know if the rest was ok.
    I've eaten pink burgers before, buy in just scared, I feel like I have to "wait" and see if I get sick, I don't want to live like this, I'm also OBSESSING over it, there's nothing I can do to change it!

Default Re: Medium rare

Hey there!

I have had exactly the same experience as you have had. I ate a pink burger, and I was freaking out that I would get sick. Guess what? I never got sick! Honestly, the meats you should be more worried about are raw chicken and raw pork. I wouldn't worry so much about hamburger. Also, the hamburger was probably cooked at a reasonable temperature in which all the bacteria was killed. You'll be fine!
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I only eat my burgers rare or medium rare, and I've not once been ill from it!! I'm sure you'll be alright

You may find these links helpful!

I love you both... Haha I seriously NEED reassurance or I will be up all night worrying. I get scared to go to sleep when I feel like this because of the fear of waking up in middle of night in a panic.

Don't worry I know a guy who (no joke) eats meat completely raw. He's comfortable doing it because he gets it from really high quality places where he trusts the meat isn't tainted with anything. I don't think I could ever do that!! He hasn't gotten sick once though. Extreme example, but hopefully it helps a bit.

You may find these links helpful!

I posted this on a Facebook emet group and I got one of those annoying responses that say " I would never eat pink meat... Hamburger has bacteria in it.." blah blah blah... THAT IS SO THE OPPOSITE OF HELPFUL!
    Why do people do that!?

A couple of facts that should help you are 1. The meat has to be contaminated with eColi in the first place, which is rare, and would have made your local news by now 2. The only people in danger from eColi are children, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems. You're none of those, so you will be fine!

Just be sure never to give hamburger to a child that isn't cooked through. Or your granny!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Thank you all... Seriously

My hubby eats all red meat rare...I mean mooing still rare! If I am cooking hamburger meat he will pick out the rare pieces and eat them! He has even ate raw chicken and bad chicken! I know he is gross....

The only way i eat any meat is well done. But my wife eats hers medium rare and has always been fine.

I remember being a kid and all the grown ups were eating raw beef and onions. No one got sick
    Colleen

can anyone go to my post and help me... its called WORRIED. please!