Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scary period symptoms? :(

I am petrified!

Today I have had stomach pains really bad. Some are definite period pains and some I'm really not sure of.

In feeling very n*. I've been to the loo quite a few times. The n* really hits sometimes and my heart is racy because of the panic.

I don't know if this is all normal because I've never been this bad before.

I also moved last Friday so wondering if that affects anything? Please help I'm at work and confused

Default Re: Scary period symptoms? :(

It's hard to say really, but it sounds like yoiu have got in a bit of a flap so some of these symptoms could be anxiety. Take some nice deep breaths and try and distract yourself from what your body is doing and keep busy to keep your mind off it.

PMT can make you feel a bit nauseous and even give you the runs too, so it could well just be all related to that. Hope you feel better soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks so much for your reply Pauline, I'm feeling a little bit better this morning thanks. I felt so iffy yesterday was terrible! I'm guessing stress can change it all?

You know, that happened to me yesterday. I had my period but I also had upper stomach pains and nausea. I think a lot of it was anxiety, because I also just moved! I'm glad you're feeling better today.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Spilled milk = it seems like we're in the exact same boat haha! How strange I'm not bad today, it hit me again a bit earlier and is coming back and forth again this evening but keeping my fingers crossed. Hope you're feeling alright as well?

Glad you are feeling a bit better, funnily enough my first period since having a baby - and my first in a year! - started today and i had a funny turn in the supermarket and suddenly came all over all nauseous and got a stabbing pain under my ribs (which with hindsight was prob wind) then got in a panic and had to go and stand outside in the freezing cold while my OH finished the shopping. I've been ok since, i'm sure its hormones that cause the sicky feelings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That sounds horrible Pauline! But I'm glad you got through it alright in the end. It must be quite unusual to have a period after that long, am I right?!

Right now, my pains and bad n* are back (which sets off the anxiety!) I reckon I'll finish tomorrow so tryign to tell myseld it's still period related stuff but I'm struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlestranger View Post
    That sounds horrible Pauline! But I'm glad you got through it alright in the end. It must be quite unusual to have a period after that long, am I right?!

Right now, my pains and bad n* are back (which sets off the anxiety!) I reckon I'll finish tomorrow so tryign to tell myseld it's still period related stuff but I'm struggling.
    No it wasn't very nice at the time, but i soon got over it once i was home fortunately. Yes it is really odd having a period after all that time, i mean you do have a kind of period after the birth which lasts a few weeks but without the pmt so it wasn't a problem as no nasty symptoms with it but this is a real shock to the system, that is one of the good things about pregnant actually - no periods!

I hope you are much better today xx