Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy I need help! please.. on the verge of tears!

ok, so... the other day, my boyfriends mom went and babysat his nephew next door cause he got sick at daycare ... only threw up 3 times that whole day and it was mucusy. well.. that was i think 2 days ago... ive been staying at my boyfriends house with his mom... and she hasnt shown symptoms.. but yesterday around 4:30ish... my boyfriends brother-in-law (the little nephews dad) comes over and was talking to all of us in the living room which is pretty tiny since they live in a little trailer. :/ this morning i wake up and ask how everyone is dong next door and my boyfriend said that his sister text him and said that they all were sick with the stomach virus... the sister, the brother in law, the little boy and the little girl.. i left and came on home.. but i keep thinking about how his brother in law came over and was talking to us in a tiny space... i mean we werent like face to face, but still... anyways and i keep thinkin of how he touched the doorknob and stuff.. im super scared... do you think i am going to get the stomach virus?

Default Re: I need help! please.. on the verge of tears!

If you wash your hands before you eat or touch your face, you will be fine. Honestly. Good hand hygiene is the key here! Also, if it'll put your mind at ease... Clean all the surfaces that the brother-in-law touched with a bleach solution or some Lysol spray. Keep us updated on how you're feeling!

well that was all yesterday and me and my boyfriend went on a double date after and everything... i dont think i touched anything that his brother in law touched but i didnt wash my hands or nothing i dont think.. i think i used germ x like a couple hours after he left...
    but i touched the door knob this morning and ate a cookie

Was he showing symptoms whilst he was there? V* and d*?

no it happened either later that night or early this morning.

Well the virus is only spread through particles in the v* or d* itself, so you should be absolutely fine. Just avoid whoever has been sick for a while and practice good hand hygiene. You'll be fine, honestly. Norhing to worry about.

It honestly sounds like food poisoning if they all got it at exactly the same time.

do you think its possible if it wasnt food poisoning if touching the door knob this morning after he touched it yesterday (which my friends touched it last night and boyfriends mom did this morning all before me) and then i ate a cookie without washing my hands.. is it possible i got it?

Hey there!

The best answer is to wash your hands. Washing your hands is very important to not getting a stomach bug. Also, be sure to disinfect! You can buy canned Lysol spray that kills the norovirus. It's very easy to use! Stay happy and enjoy life! Don't let this fear get to you. You can do it!
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.