Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy am i infected with stomach bug!?

ok, so... the other day, my boyfriends mom went and babysat his nephew next door cause he got sick at daycare ... only threw up 3 times that whole day and it was mucusy. well.. that was i think 2 days ago... ive been staying at my boyfriends house with his mom... and she hasnt shown symptoms.. but yesterday around 4:30ish... my boyfriends brother-in-law (the little nephews dad) comes over and was talking to all of us in the living room which is pretty tiny since they live in a little trailer. :/ this morning i wake up and ask how everyone is dong next door and my boyfriend said that his sister text him and said that they all were sick with the stomach virus... the sister, the brother in law, the little boy and the little girl.. i left and came on home.. but i keep thinking about how his brother in law came over and was talking to us in a tiny space... i mean we werent like face to face, but still... anyways and i keep thinkin of how he touched the doorknob and stuff.. im super scared... do you think i am going to get the stomach virus?

Default Re: am i infected with stomach bug!?

I doubt it. Just keep up with good hygiene
    Colleen

well the only problem is, this morning i touched the doorknob.. i mean i wasnt the first one after he touched it yesterday to touch it.. but still..i touched it and then ate some cookies on the way home without even washing my hands :/

Hello!

There is a chance that he didn't have the virus on his hands. The only way you can get the stomach flu from him is if he had vomit or feces particles on his hand. Also, even if you were to get sick there is still a chance you won't even vomit. Not everyone with the stomach flu vomits. In 2010, I had the stomach flu, and I never vomited.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you will be fine. Just like benbhartnett said, you have to ingest the virus particles. Take deep breaths and relax
    Colleen