Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation URGENT PLEASE HELP NOW! Is anyone awake? :(

I posted a thread earlier this evening because I felt really sick, well I've just tried to get some sleep and I've woken up and I feel SO SO SO sick. I'm shaking really bad and I'm freaking out. I need someone to talk to NOW please! Help me! I don't know what to do.

Default Re: URGENT PLEASE HELP NOW! Is anyone awake? :(

calm down. go put on some music that you like and relax in a hot bath.. and when you get out of the bath dry off and lay down on your bed... dont worry about clothes... just relax and let the coolness calm you down

I would, but it's 1am where I live and I don't want to wake anyone up.

sip some cold water, if you can, you can go outside and breathe deep and breathe out slow... than sip more water and walk around if you can. than sit and relax... sip some tea and sip water.. you will be okay!

I'll try sipping cold water. Thanks.

yea.. do something to kinda get your mind wondering on something else... thats what ive been doing... im still scared as heck i have the stomach bug... but is it possible that EVERYONE in the house got symptoms of it at the same time? or would it be one person, then another, then another?

Okay. Ugh.

If it was a bug, usually one person shows symptoms, then another, then another. Not usually all at once; that's very unusual.

how are the sips of water going?

i mean the little boy V* three times but it was HOURS apart... like he did twice and then like 13-14 hrs later did the 3rd time... but no diahrrea... and that was a couple days ago.now all of them are V* with D*

@ jennnh: Not too bad thanks.

@ dscott: It's difficult to say what caused it exactly but if you keep your hands clean, you should be just fine.

thats a VERY good sign if the water is sitting well!!!

rachel - i would open a window, take some deep breaths in and out of your nose, not mouth -count to 10 really really slowly on the in breath, hold it for a short while, then count to 10 on the out breath - make it last as long as you can and concentrate on the breathing, drop your shoulders and try to relax your body.

Do something distracting like listening to an ipod, or tv , or reading a magazine etc

Talk to yourself (sounds daft but i find it helps) tell yourself you will be ok, you won't be sick and so on - talk to yourself like you are helping someone else in a panic.

I hope you feel better soon

DSCOTT - it is probably more common for people to come down with a stomach virus one by one in a household, if one person introduces it to the home and it then spreads through the family however it is also possible for everyone to get it at once if they have all caught it from the same place i.e they all touched the same contaminated surface at the same time or if they have all got it from an infected food source i.e someone who had the virus on their hands has prepared food that they all ate at the same meal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hope you're okay rachel, I know that scary feeling too well. Take it easy...

Thank you, I will try all those things!

@ andee: Thank you. I love the support system on here!

You are most welcome...wish there was more I could do. Hug!!

Just knowing there are people online and replying is enough right now. It makes me feel less alone.

I'm sure you will be fine, these things are always worse during the night, i think because its dark and quiet so like you say you don't want to wake people so you can feel a bit stuck in one room and it also means you tend to dwell on things more than during the day when other people are up and about to distract you.

Good luck with the relaxation techniques and hopefully you will nod off and wake up feeling fine later this morning xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thats why i love this place... cause no matter how scared i am... i know that i wont hear "oh my gosh.. hush about it.." or "if you get sick.. you get sick!" ...

@ paulinek: Thanks. I hope I feel better in the morning, too. I have work tomorrow so I need to be okay!

@ dscott: Yeah. People don't get frustrated with you because they know EXACTLY what you're going through,

well pauline.. do you think that if they did have the virus.. one of them touching the doorknob yesterday around 5:30 me touching the doorknob this morning around 12 and eating without washing my hands right after... could possibly make me have it? he didnt have symptoms then... but... honestly.. am i gonna get it? its 8 now and how are you feeling rachel?

@ dscott: If he wasn't showing symptoms, then your chances of getting it from him are at about 0%.
    A little better, thanks. I want to sleep but I'm too scared to! Haha.

lol well cut on some of your favorite songs really low or play a game on your phone or computer or watch your favorite movie and drift off to sleep.. and i just have been reading up and it says you can still be contagious even before symptoms... :/ the one time i dont wash my hands!

Yeah, I think I'll listen to some music. (Ovbiously have to be REALLY quiet, haha).

Where did you read that? I was under the impression that just couldn't happen.

Hi Rachel, sorry you have been feeling unwell
    I am currently feeling bad as well. Sipping cold water definitely helps, also when I feel like this I find it helps a bit to remind myself how many times I have felt in a panic, how many times have I actually v*. For me 0 times out of the 10 odd years I have had this nasty phobia. You will be fine, focus on what you will do tommorow. Plan your day and don't forget, you are NOT alone.

i google a lot haha.

Lmao! Me too! Probably makes me worse though.

rachel... are you still on?

How are you feeling now?? Any better?

Just had to make a new thread. Why can't I have a break from all this?