Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: its happened

Default its happened

so its happened...my partners felt sick for the last couple of hours and now he has v*. Can't believe it. wish i could run away :-( Can't think of the reason why he would have a sv. We've been together the whole weekend and about 4 hours ago we were intimate (sorry tmi) so i'm sure i'lll have caught whatever he's had.

It can't be fp* as we've eaten exactly the same thing all weekend.

just can't understand why this has happened and now i'm waiting for it to happen to me, ultimately its inevitable :-( just wish i'd avoided him today!

Default Re: its happened

Oh no! I was just reading your other post, so scary that it has happened!

Try not to think of it as inevitable, you can't catch it from being intimate with him until after he's been sick. You've got to actually ingest votmit particles (so if you kissed him now he has been sick that could be possible) or fecal (sp?) particles so if he didn't wash his hands then made you some food.

So there is still hope! And it might not even be a sv, some people have weaker stomachs and get sick often even as a secondary response to non-stomach related illness eg flu. Did you eat anything particularly worrisome? Cause it might not be poisonous so you might not get it but sometimes different foods can irritate some people and not others, like when people say for example that curry doesn't 'agree' with them. AND even if it is a sv and even if it has been passed on to you you don't know yet how your body will cope with it, you might have a stronger immune system and have milder symptoms...or have d* but not v*

So basically lots of things to consider! not inevitable that you will v*. Try and do something to relax you and distract you. Hope he gets better and you are fine

thanks for your reassurance Louise, I've not been near him since he vomited and he's washed his hands and i've wiped down the bathroom with wipes. I've been careful not to put my hands anywhere near my mouth,

He has a habit of nibbling on his thumb nail when driving or thinking and i told him about it but he's never noticed that he does it. His job is a policeman too so he comes up again lots of grimy situations and if he's nibbling his nail too...then this is what happens!

its definately not food, we've eaten a mild diet this weekend, cheese on toast, curry last night, the same one i always make.

lets just hope i have a stringer immune system. I just know that i'll torture myself till thursday, just in case of incubation period. i'm dreading waking up in the night and being sick!

i suppose i just need to relax as much as possible as i can't change whats already happened. He feels bad for being sick as he knows what i'm like....

argh this waiting game!! :-(

Aww im so sorry this has happened. It seems you have a good attitude towards it, you cant change whats happened but keeping your hygine levels up will certainly help lower your risk of catching it and thats even if it is a sv.
    On another note, my daughter is always chewing on her fingers too, drives me crazy, but no sv seem to have come from it yet, even after 4 years in school ( touch wood).
    Try not to stress out too much, distract yourself with something you enjoy, if like me, you stay awake worrying, fall asleep to a dvd.

I'm not surprised this has freaked you out, but from what you describe he could have picked a bug up from anywhere if he's not vigilant about not putting unwashed fingers in his mouth - it only takes him to touch a contaminated door handle then to chew what nail and bam, he's got it.

As Louise said you can't catch anything off him before he got sick so you are in the clear on that score.

Do the wipes have benzalkoium chloride in? If not you might want to make up a solution of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water and use that too.

Hope he feels better soon, try not to overy worry yourself about this x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats so awful im sorry you have to go through this. But you wont necessarily get it you never know, I madeout with my boyfriend with a terrible sv before I knew it was an sv and he didnt get sick. So take lots of vitamin C, eat stuff that boosts the immune system and get lots of sleep that will increase your chances of not catching it.

I read your other post...and based on that maybe he just v*ed from all the coffee? I know if I drink a lot of coffee I feel horrid! I sure hope it isn't a virus but to be careful I would bleach and Lysol everything! And boost your immune system! I hope you both have a peaceful evening and no one else gets sick!

Thanks guys. He only had one episode of v* (but was quite aggressive and sound violent) and had d* for the rest of the night, he was tossing and turning all night so i had a terrible nights sleep.

He keeps asking if i'm going into work today and i am, i feel fine at the moment and can't keep taking days off if my partners ill! But i keep thinking that he's implying that he know's that i'll be ill...silly really, i know he can't predict the future but he keepings asking how i am...its worrying me!!

I just keep trying to remind myself that they is nothing i can change about the situation...can't eat this morning, so had a probiatic drink and some lemon and hot water.

Pauline, i'll make up a soluation, thanks for that advice.

How long will he be infectious for now?? i'm avoiding the bathroom and cleaning my teeth in the kitchen this morning!

He can shed viral particles in his poo for 72 hours i think it is, so he should put the lid down on the loo before flushing after a number 2 and then squirt some bleach round the toilet pan.

Viral particles can survive a few weeks on hard surfaces though.

As for the bathroom, if you methodically wipe the surfaces down with the bleach solution including tiles, taps, door handle, light pull, toothpaste tube etc - all washable surfaces basically - then change the towels and toothbrushes and you will be absolutely fine.

techiincally there is no need to wipe down at all so long as you didn't ever out your fingers in your mouth but in reality i find it more reassuring to give it a thorough bleaching then i can relax knowing it is all clean and safe in there.

I hope he feelsbetter soon and you do the right thing going to work, well done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ah pauline, thank you, thats puts my mind at ease. I'm still feeling okay, had a headache today but put that down to lack of sleep and not eating much (due to anxiety) My other half is still in bed, spent the day there and i'm not sure if he's being a bit dramatic, (sounds horrible eh!)

I just pray to god i'm okay. I borrowed some Virasolve spray from work as it states that it kills everything. I'll still avoid the bathroom though! its a horrible waiting game isn't it...

but thank you all for being there for me xxx