Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Worried!

Default Worried!

so my brother in law came to see me and the bf friday. later that night he had the sv. yesterday i left my bfs house and touched the doorknob (even though brother in law didnt have symptoms when he touched it) and forgot to wash my hands and 20 mins later at a cookie :/... its been 33 hours since then... i have stomach pains (been havin them a 3-4 hrs) but not sure if its nerves or what... am i in the clear of not getting it since its been over 30 hrs? i havent eaten but a few crackers and drank some water.... would i have gotten it by now?

Default Re: Worried!

isnt with the sv you just go... no prolonging cramps HOURS before?

you are probably just scared and nervous. I get like that sometimes when I have been around someone who is sick. Try to relax, read a book, watch some TV or even take a walk This might help you keep your mind off of things...I hope you feel better soon

but if i havent gotten it yet do you think ill still get it? with the sv do you cramp hours before?

I don't think you will...a family I know just went through this and they all had it 15 hours apart. I think you are okay.

i thought that it only took like 12-24 hours to show symptoms but the more i look up the longer the time seems to be!

I think you will be fine. I understand that you are worried but try to relax
    Colleen

so you dont think im gonna get it?

I personally don't think so.
    Colleen

Quote Originally Posted by dscott View Post
    i thought that it only took like 12-24 hours to show symptoms but the more i look up the longer the time seems to be!
    Hey there!

It is 24-28 hours. Tomorrow you should be in the clear. I honestly think you are fine. Anxiety can cause symptoms of it's own. I think I read somewhere that the medium incubation period for the stomach flu is 36 hours. Meaning, this is the common set of hours when people show symptoms.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

it has now been 42 hours! and im feeling better. im sorry if ive bothered you all. thank all of you for helping me calm down. i felt alone until i found this site.