Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry Why does this keep happening? :( HELP PLEASE!

So this morning, everything started out great. I ate breakfast (cereal with milk and my probiotic). I had a hearing to attend to for work today (which has been stressing me out a bit for a while) which went well and everything is now back to normal. I had a regular BM just before we left, no issues at all. After the hearing, I was really hungry so I ate a prawn pasta salad and a strawberry & banana smoothie. I also had quite a few Cadbury's chocolate buttons. I felt REALLY full after (I had eaten quite a lot) and immediately regretted eating so much! I had another small regular BM and felt a bit better. Then, about 45 minutes later, I suddenly had to use the toilet again. This time, my BM was very loose (really sorry if TMI!) and I really don't know why. I did have a headache during my hearing but I took some paracetamol and that went away. What could this be? Obviously I'm REALLY REALLY worried that I could have caught a bug of some kind! Maybe I have an intolerance to milk? (Had it on my cereal this morning). I have no idea why this is happening and I just need some reassurance/advice please. Also, I have some tablets to stop d*. Should I take some? I have no idea what to do! I feel kind-of nauseous but that could just be because I'm stressing out wondering if I have a bug! Hate this so much.

Default Re: Why does this keep happening? :( HELP PLEASE!

Actually, I still have a slight headache. I'm so scared I'm going to v*!
    Last edited by RachelPedli; 01-16-2012 at 11:12 AM.

you ate a lot of different kinds of foods, and the milk, its probably just a food indisgression...

I really hope so. I hope there's nothing wrong.

You will be fine! How are you now? Sometimes we just have loose BMs - it does NOT mean that we are ill Even if you have been to the loo a few times today, it's probably just because you didn't sort of get it all out the first time (sorry if that sounds gross!). I think you just have a headache now because you're over-analysing how your body feels. You'll be ok - just stay calm and try to forget about it x

Thanks a lot. I know you're right, but my emet brain just wants to take over in these situations! I just need to remember all the times this has happened before and nothing ever came of it. I think I may have IBS too. Might go to my doctor and see what's going on there because then at least when this does happen, I'll know why.

RACHEL ... how are you feeling?

It honestly does not sound like a stomach virus. It sounds more like you just had to use the bathroom. Diarrhea is watery. I think you will be fine My brain used to do that with situations where it misinterpreted how my body felt. I have gotten over that. But, remember our brains are very powerful. They can make us feel sick when we are not! I think you will be fine
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I just went to the toilet AGAIN. Ugh, I have no other symptoms though. No fever or aches or anything like that.

@ dscott: Just posted.

@ BenBHartnett: I really really really hope it's not a bug. I don't think I could handle it. Should I take my tabs to stop d*? I've taken an anti-emetic just incase. (Mainly to ease my mind).

did you get my private message?

Quote Originally Posted by dscott View Post
    did you get my private message?
    Yep. Just replied.

hope you feel better soon. sometimes the body has more stool in there than you realize. you may have been a bit constipated and now the loose stools are the remninants.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica1649 View Post
    hope you feel better soon. sometimes the body has more stool in there than you realize. you may have been a bit constipated and now the loose stools are the remninants.
    Ah! You might be right there, actually. Yesterday, I barely ate ANYTHING because I felt so so neauseous. Then today, I felt okay to eat again and have eaten quite a bit. I really hope that is the reason! Thanks!
    "One day your life will flash before you. Make sure it's worth watching."

Just wondering how you're feeling? I'm on the same boat. Last night I got a horrible headache and a weird sore throat, it didn't hurt but it felt hollow like I was going to lose my voice, and then i started having to use the bathroom (lol) and then I came to my parents house at 4 am, took Motrin for my head (which helped since, I feel fine in my head) but I woke up with barely a voice. This doesn't scare me at all. What scares me is that 3-4 days ago I was stuck in an elevator with someone I suspect had a stomach virus (you know, that sense you get from the way they look/act...and she was holding a cup to her mouth) anyways, I didn't touch her and she didn't breath on me or anything but now that I'm feeling sick I can't help but think maybe I got her sickness. I felt fine in my stomach this morning so I ate a piece of bread and granola. The granola was probably bad since of the fiber. It's scaring me cause now my stomach feels iffy. I don't know if it's my anxiety or just I actually feel sick. Ugh. I'm freaking out. Anyways, I think we are going through the same thing at the same time. Have you ever had these symptoms with a stomach virus or is it just probably a cold?? What do you think? I was just checking to see if you're feeling better to give me some hope too anyways im rambling..

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeforus View Post
    Just wondering how you're feeling? I'm on the same boat. Last night I got a horrible headache and a weird sore throat, it didn't hurt but it felt hollow like I was going to lose my voice, and then i started having to use the bathroom (lol) and then I came to my parents house at 4 am, took Motrin for my head (which helped since, I feel fine in my head) but I woke up with barely a voice. This doesn't scare me at all. What scares me is that 3-4 days ago I was stuck in an elevator with someone I suspect had a stomach virus (you know, that sense you get from the way they look/act...and she was holding a cup to her mouth) anyways, I didn't touch her and she didn't breath on me or anything but now that I'm feeling sick I can't help but think maybe I got her sickness. I felt fine in my stomach this morning so I ate a piece of bread and granola. The granola was probably bad since of the fiber. It's scaring me cause now my stomach feels iffy. I don't know if it's my anxiety or just I actually feel sick. Ugh. I'm freaking out. Anyways, I think we are going through the same thing at the same time. Have you ever had these symptoms with a stomach virus or is it just probably a cold?? What do you think? I was just checking to see if you're feeling better to give me some hope too anyways im rambling..
    It definitely sounds like anxiety to me. Like I said before, your mind can make you think you're sick when you're absolutely fine! Just sounds like you have a sore throat and that's it; nothing to worry about at all.

Yeah., I'm fine now thank you. Actually feeling a little hungry but I'll wait until breakfast before eating anything just to be safe.

Hope you stop worrying soon!
    "One day your life will flash before you. Make sure it's worth watching."