Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Can someone help me? No one ever replies and I need it this time

Last night I got a horrible headache and a weird sore throat, it didn't hurt but it felt hollow like I was going to lose my voice, and then i started having to use the bathroom (sorry) and then I came to my parents house at 4 am, took Motrin for my head (which helped since, I feel fine in my head) but I woke up with barely a voice. This doesn't scare me at all. What scares me is that 3-4 days ago I was stuck in an elevator with someone I suspect had a stomach virus (you know, that sense you get from the way they look/act...and she was holding a cup to her mouth) anyways, I didn't touch her and she didn't breath on me or anything but now that I'm feeling sick I can't help but think maybe I got her sickness. I felt fine in my stomach this morning so I ate a piece of bread and granola. The granola was probably bad since of the fiber. It's scaring me cause now my stomach feels iffy. I don't know if it's my anxiety or just I actually feel sick. Ugh. I'm freaking out. Are these symptoms with a stomach virus or is it just probably a cold?? What do you think? Sorry that im rambling..

Default Re: Can someone help me? No one ever replies and I need it this time

try and distract yourself, theres no reason at all why you should have caught a sv. Your tummy may feel iffy due to anixety, i think thats currently happening to me! sore throat does not mean an sv.

Just try to relax and find an activity that distracts you, this will help you feel better x

i have been going through the same thing... the support on here have reassured me that you would start showing symptoms in 1-2 days.. if its been 3-4 ... its probably just your nerves... sometimes you just have an upset stomach.. if it was the virus.. youd know.... youd have straight watery d* ... 2 days ago i was around someone with it... but im doing fine. its been 51 hours since then and i am pretty sure im ok.. and so are you!

Ayyy thank you for taking the time to write to me. I got over the elevator incident but now I remembered that yesterday a friend of mine gave me a kiss on the cheek for a split second, not the kind with the lips touching my cheeck but like her cheek touching mine. And then she goes "I'm on my way to urgent care" and i obviously freaked out and asked if it was a cold or if she threw up, she said "both " I'm like...wow you're the worst friend ever you know my phobia!! And that was yesterday at 430 pm. The headache, and throat started at 10 pm that same night. I don't know if that's too soon to get it from her? I'm so scared. But at the same time I keep telling myself I'm probably exposed to sick people like that all the time without knowing it and I don't get sick. It's just worse knowing it and that she physically touched me. But I made sure to like not touch my face/eyes/ mouth. I wonder if I could get sick from her? This sucks so bad. This phobia is so debilitating to my life. Now I'm sitting in bed feeling fine except I keep feeling like I could use the bathroom but it's not "watery d*" it's just as if I ate granola...lol ew. But really could I have what my friend has? I saw her for a split second

^ sorry guys, I was logged in on my friends account (she has the same phobia as me) I guess she left it on my computer. Anyways, that was me! not her.

I hope you are okay today.

It sounds like maybe your anxiety is getting the best of you...definately try to distract yourself a little bit...also granola doesn't sit well with me either sometimes. As far as the BM thing, have you been a little backed up these days?? Sounds like you just need to clean out...you will be amazed sometimes just how much that helps!