Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

don't know what to do.

I've had this "mystery stomach illness" since November, I'm sick all the time. I just spent last night up all night nauseous with diarrhea (luckily I have compazine so I didn't v*) I had a final today and knew I didn't want to be up all night. Shortly after I took the compazine I said "just do it, just v*" but of course by then it was too late, I couldn't even do it if I had wanted to, but I don't know if I TRULY wanted to since I had already taken the meds.

They still can't figure out what is wrong with me, and I feel like I'm at a total dead end. My folks are out of town now, they'll be back tomorrow night and I'll talk to my mom then, but I am just feeling frustrated. I keep missing school and work. This IS real nausea, and stomach pain. Last night my stomach hurt so bad I just prayed I would pass out. I finally did fall asleep around 6 AM, got up at 7AM to go to school. I came home after school and crashed for a few more hours. I went out and bought two 32 oz bottles of Gatorade because I am still just shaking from all the diarrhea.

Anyway, I've already had tons of tests, x-rays,an ultrasound, CT scan, pelvic, just about every blood test under the sun, plus a sodium chloride test. Still no answers back on the sodium chloride, but everything else has been normal. How can it be normal when I still keep getting sick? I'm right now taking Prilosec for GERD, and b/c pills for possible polycystic ovarian syndrome. I still have compazine, but I'm always afraid my doctor won't renew it, so I use it sparingly.

have they tested you for a parasite?usually they will take a stool sample for that,which you didn't mention.were you doing any travelling when you first noticed these symptoms way back in november? Edited by: Babydoll
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Hmm...I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm not a doctor..Hmm. Might you try going to see different doctors?

The most important thing is to make yourself feel better. Drinking lots of fluids (like you are doing!) for the Diarreah is a good thing. Lots of rest, ect.

I really hope you are feeling better soon.

Did you want to chat?

Oh sure, I saw you were in the chat, I was outside with the dog, if you see this come back in, I'm still there.

Thanks guys, I think I will talk to my mom about seeing a new doctor, the only problem is I'm afraid they'll want to repeat all the same tests, not pleasant.

They haven't tested for a parasite, I haven't traveled in a couple years, but I suppose you can pick them up anywhere.

I would request a test for it. if it came on suddenly there's a good chance that's what it might be! Im sooo surprised they didnt test you for it already. sigh. doctors have no clue sometimes.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh