[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
I don't do alot of posting but thought I would talk now a little about my week.

I have been an emet for a very long time and it has caused great distress during my life. I won't go into detail because it is just like what all of you have gone through. I will say that I think I am the worst emet I have ever heard of and people would be appalled if they knew some of things I have done in the past.

I am still very much an emet but have not had to face any situations for a while because my children are grown. I do, however, have a 9 year old grandson and have been hesitant to even babysit with him because of my phobia. Well, this week has been his Spring Break and I VOLUNTEERED to watch him so he would not have to go to daycare. I was a bit scared at first but decided it would be good for us to spend some quality time together.

Monday and Tuesday were great!But, would'nt you know that when he came yesterday he had a stomach ache. I tried to remain calm, but then he came and told me he felt like he was going to "v". I still did not panic too much but I just had him go to the bathroom and stay there a while. It turned out that he did get sick. I just could not believe it. I called his mom and she came and got him.

I do have him again today (before, I just would have totally refused to be around him for days after he got sick). I am trying to be calm and think that I won't catch what he had, but I was with him all day every day this week. But, I am really doing ok with it. We have played and been close all day.

I am not writing this to upset anyone or to remind people that these sv things (if that is what it was) may still be around. I just want everyone to know that someone who used to be so out of sight with panic has actually done something which was very hard, had the worst happen, and remained relatively calm and lived through it.

I want this to be an encouraging post for people to draw strength from. It can be done. The world did not end. I panicked a little, but life is continuing. I hope it can give someone hope that although the phobia continues, it did not overpower me this time and if I can react this way, so can you. It takes time and therapy for some. I am not cured or over this phobia. I was just able to put it on the back burner and try to enjoy my grandson, even though the worst (for us) actually happened.

Sorry this is so long, but I wanted people to know that a long-time sufferer was able to handle a situation that I thought would have been impossible. I took a step of faith by watching him in the first place and when the worst possible thing happened I handled it calmly and am certain that he was not at all aware of my problem with it.

I hope everyone is having a good day and looking forward to each new day as it brings us closer to good weather and good health.

Take Care,
Debbie