Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default 30 years a sufferer!!

Hi,

My name is Jayne and I have suffered with Emetophobia for over 30 years! I have finally had enough and have decided to something about it.

I discovered your site yesterday and I have to say it made me lol!! It was such a relief to read some of the threads and have the realization that I am normal, and there are people out there that do the same things as me!! Things I thought were me being weird, stupid, embarrassing, etc!

I am looking forward to meeting people with the same condition.... my family are fantastic and very supportive, but never really understand me.

I took the step a few weeks ago to address my problem with my GP and have finally been referred for some Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. They say that with this sort of therapy they I can recover from this phobia. I have to say I can't wait to live my life to the whole, without the fear of germs and v*, but am very scared about the whole process, especially the exposure!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Jayniek

Default Re: 30 years a sufferer!!

welcome to the forum.......i was relieved when i found this site also after suffering for almost 50 years and thinking i was the only "crazy" one.

sounds like you're taking some really positive steps towards a better life......good luck and we're here if you need us
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello! Welcome to the forum! You certainly aren't alone with this and we are all here to offer you the support that you need & when you need it!

I suffered since I was a baby basically, and I am now 20 years old and have classed myself as recovered for a year and a half. Heres my thread on what I did to concur this debilitating phobia: http://www.emetophobia.org/showthread.php?t=37582

Thanks for making me welcome!!

I'm hoping I can say that I have recovered soon betsie..... I can't wait for the day. I know it's going to be a long road but the outcome will be worth it! I'm just glad there are people out there that are fully understanding and sympathetic!! x