Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default please help support needed!!!!

My partners brother had sv* on saturday and he came round ours yesterday, he washed his hands when he came in. But now his girlfriend has got it!! I'm soooo scared, I gave their baby a kiss when they left! What are the chances of me catching anything?? My anxiety and panic has hit the roof, I'm sooo terrified! Someone please help.......

Default Re: please help support needed!!!!

As long as you washed your hands before you ate and you weren't around someone that was actually v* in front of you you probably haven't caught it. You wouldn't have been able to catch it just from kissing the baby either. Also I always try and remind myself that just because someone else has got it and been really ill everyone reacts in different ways so if you had a stronger immune system you might have milder symptoms etc. So really even if you were exposed to it you might not v* and your symptoms might not be that bad either. I know I always assume that if I get it it means i'm gonna be v* and have d* literally non stop for like 2 days but in reality i might not vom at all or only vom once etc...

Hope your feeling better now

one thing ive noticed about the stains this year is it spreads pretty quick but it also done and over in 24hrs or less. im not sure if this is because people do not wash and clean or if it's just worse this year?

People don't wash their hands... Like I notice how unsanitary people are like not washing hands before they eat or after going to the bathroom!! My husband drives me crazy with this he'll put his contacts in and take them out without washing his hands !!!! It drives me nuts!! I was raised with a OCD mother and father on hand washing I feel like people don't teach their kids the importance of hand washing!!!