Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emotional Freedom Technique

Hi All

Has anyone tried of EFT (emotional Freedom Technique) I've heard many positive things about it in relation to phobias and i started training in this technique today for my job. I'm hoping that it will help me and my fears as much as helping the patients!

Would love to know peoples views and if you've not tried it, get online and look it up! :-) x

p.s also using it tonight to try and keep a lid on my anxiety!

Default Re: Emotional Freedom Technique

You're talking about tapping? I learned that and did it religously for days but didn't notice a difference. I did feel like a weirdo doing it though.

yep thats it! oh thats a shame, was hoping i'd learn something to keep my emet under control!

I did that for a while when I was going through a really bad time and having depression in addition to my anxiety and phobia. I found the tapping helped a lot with my anxiety. I don't know if it was all in my head but whatever, it worked pretty well! I didn't tap in all the places my therapist suggested, but I found the spots that really calmed me down and if I was panicking, I would mercilessly tap those spots haha. It would usually calm me down if only for being such a distraction from everything! And feeling kinda silly too
    waiting for the end to come...wishing i had strength to stand...
    this is not what i had planned...it's out of my control...

is it working for you? i learned about it last week too from an Energy Healer and feel sort of silly doing it.

It seems good actually, maybe tooo early to tell, i found out today about how to use it to help deal with past memories (of v* in my case) it will take a lot of work but it might just help, hmmmm lol

I tried the tapping thing for a while and found it defi did help (I still use it sometimes today). i think anything that focuses your mind on something else is a good thing. Interestingly, a few years ago, I told one of my friends about EFT when they were feeling sick from drinking too much and it really worked - he wasn't sick and I felt much better too .