Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: noro virus

Default noro virus

Over the last few days two people (seperate) that i have spent the day with have then caught noro virus that night. Needless to say im petrified of now getting it! Can you catch it from someone before they have even been sick? Freaking out!

Default Re: noro virus

No you can't catch it that way. have a look at this webpage for reassurance about exactly how it is/isn't transmitted http://www.emetophobiahelp.org/norovirus.html

You have nothing to worry about so you can stop freaking out now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you!! Maybe i'll treat myself to something to eat now!! X

what kills me and has never been explained is why the sv and V always seem to happen at night or the early morning hours? it seems really weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    what kills me and has never been explained is why the sv and V always seem to happen at night or the early morning hours? it seems really weird to me.
    Someone on here once said it was because the virus thrives when our body temperature drops which apparently it does during the night hence why i have a winter duvet on all year round lol.

It doesn't always happen at night though, i did admittedly wake up in the early hours feeling unwell but the vomiting didn't start until about 8am and when my OH got it the next day he started being sick after he got home from work in the evening.

I think alot of people lie about having stomach viruses too in order to take a day off from work so they say they have "been up all night"

In the case of food poisoning i guess it would be due to it happening so many hours after an evening meal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek View Post
    Someone on here once said it was because the virus thrives when our body temperature drops which apparently it does during the night hence why i have a winter duvet on all year round lol.

It doesn't always happen at night though, i did admittedly wake up in the early hours feeling unwell but the vomiting didn't start until about 8am and when my OH got it the next day he started being sick after he got home from work in the evening.

I think alot of people lie about having stomach viruses too in order to take a day off from work so they say they have "been up all night"

In the case of food poisoning i guess it would be due to it happening so many hours after an evening meal.

i know my kids always seem to get it during the night or early morning hours.

i know my kids always seem to get it during the night or early morning hours.
    i suppose the other thing is that the average incubation period is roughly 30 hours and as you are only likely to be exposed to it during the day the odds are stacked for the 30th hour to be sometime in the night/early hours maybe? And it probably affects kids quicker so if they ingested it at lunchtime at school then they would get ill at the times you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek View Post
    i suppose the other thing is that the average incubation period is roughly 30 hours and as you are only likely to be exposed to it during the day the odds are stacked for the 30th hour to be sometime in the night/early hours maybe? And it probably affects kids quicker so if they ingested it at lunchtime at school then they would get ill at the times you mention.

well none the less no matter what time of day it still sucks!

well none the less no matter what time of day it still sucks!
    I'm with you on that one!!

Argh. Hate this time of year. Its dark all the time which makes me feel sick lol when i wake up at 6.30am and its pitch black i worry ive woken up to be sick! When i wake at 6.30am and the sun is up i dont give it a second thought!