Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default 7 days after a mild stomach flu

About a week ago I posted that I had a stomach flu. I just want everybody to know that I didn't V*. Not Once. None at all.

I had some diarrhea, stomach pain, and nausea, but no v*

I'm just posting now to give some words of encouragement. It's not always possible to v* with a stomach flu. Whatever is going around now seems to be very mild, if what I had was indedd a virus. Just have some pepto and antiemetics for nausea, and you should be fine Ginger Ale too
    Last edited by dannisnow; 02-12-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Default Re: 7 days after a mild stomach flu

i usually just have nausea and D most times. man 7 days for noro is a long time. were you run down at all? i would suggest a good probiotic and take some vitamins for awhile. good thing is you probably are in the clear until next winter.

I've actually been okay since Saturday. Well, sorta. I should have given my stomach a longer waiting time cause I ate some chili cheese fries last night and now I have a little indigestion :/ But they were good, I say worth it!

And I was/am still kinda tired, other than that and the indigestion I'm good. I just ran out of vitamins too D: I have to get some. That and some probiotic/yogurt.

And yes, the one good thing out of this is I know I'm in the clear for a while.

still doesn't sound like a sv or noro that would last 7 days but im glad you are all better now.

It is sort of weird. I suspected food poisoning but I think they symptoms of that would have started much sooner, like 4 hours after I ate.

And thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannisnow View Post
    It is sort of weird. I suspected food poisoning but I think they symptoms of that would have started much sooner, like 4 hours after I ate.

And thanks

nope, most food poisoning takes 24hrs to kick in. i know as i had it before.

Really? I still don't know what I would have eaten that woulda caused it. All I had was my mom's pasta Sunday and she was fine after she ate it, and Saturday...I can't remember :/ I remember I just had a TV dinner...
    Last edited by dannisnow; 01-17-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannisnow View Post
    Really? I still don't know what I would have eaten that woulda caused it. All I had was my mom's pasta Sunday and she was fine after she ate it, and Saturday...I can't remember :/ I remember I just had a TV dinner...

well im not saying thats what it was but i do know food poisoning doesn't usually hit you as quick but it does last longer. it could of been any virus thats going around, not necessarily a sv or noro. my experience with the sv in myself and my kids have always been it's gone within a day or two. when i had food poisoning back in 2003 i felt like crap for weeks.

Glad you are better now! And typically it doesn't take that long BUT your body must have needed that time to fight it off....EVeRYoNE is different!!!!! I have friends who have had the sv* going around here some it's over in 12 hours some it's last 4 & 5 days!!! Just means your body was demanding the down time!

This makes me feel a little better. I think i have a bug right now. My poop is like whiteish yellow fluffy diarrehea, and i have terrible crampings. Its been two days so im hoping i wont v* still.

I'm not saying this is what you had, but I had salmonella once. It lasted almost a week and the food I ate that caused it. I had eaten about 3 days before I got sick so it was tough to pinpoint what had caused it. I only knew because it made the local news that a restaurant had an outbreak.
    I never v. Had d for days along with fever chilis and aches. It sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by heydani View Post
    This makes me feel a little better. I think i have a bug right now. My poop is like whiteish yellow fluffy diarrehea, and i have terrible crampings. Its been two days so im hoping i wont v* still.

hmmm im no doctor but you may be dealing with a liver and or gallbladder issue. white stools and or yellow color is a lack of or too much bile. might want to get it checked out if it doesn't resolve. i know this as i had my gb removed years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    Glad you are better now! And typically it doesn't take that long BUT your body must have needed that time to fight it off....EVeRYoNE is different!!!!! I have friends who have had the sv* going around here some it's over in 12 hours some it's last 4 & 5 days!!! Just means your body was demanding the down time!

it more so means he/she was run down in the first place. people with weakened immune systems take longer to heal up and or get well.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    it more so means he/she was run down in the first place. people with weakened immune systems take longer to heal up and or get well.
    Exactly what I said...her body was demanding down time. Whenever you are sick either really really sick or mildly it is your body screaming at you to take better care of yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    hmmm im no doctor but you may be dealing with a liver and or gallbladder issue. white stools and or yellow color is a lack of or too much bile. might want to get it checked out if it doesn't resolve. i know this as i had my gb removed years ago.

I got multiple tests down, plus ultrasounds and they said it looks fine, which makes me worry more if its a stomach flu :/