Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Need advice!!

Default Need advice!!

I have been battling this since I cant remember. I am not afraid when I get sick, but when someone else says they dont feel well I start to panic. Even when someone coughs hard, or is choking I am afraid they are going to V* so I start to panic. I try not to show it but Its hard. I usually just get up and walk away but sometimes I am trapped and dont know what to do. I have so many stories of me freaking out because someone V* but I will start with the most recent....

My boyfriend and I just recently started living together and ever since he moved in I have been worrying about him getting sick..and tonight it happened...he get home from work and he said he felt awful. He had a really bad stomach ache and looked like he was going to be sick...so I kicked him out and made him go to his moms for the night. He is very upset with me and I feel bad. I had to make up a reason that I was mad so he didnt know it was because I was afraid he was going to be sick. I WANT HELP FROM THIS!!!! Here is my other issue.... I am taking prereqs for nursing! AM I CRAZY OR WHAT?! I graduated from high school in 2008 and have been putting this off because of my fear. But its all I want to do. I want to be a nurse so bad. I know if I was a nurse I will have to deal with people V** all the time. I think about my fear daily because I just want it to disappear. It is embarrassing to me so I never talk to anyone about it. I just need help...

Default Re: Need advice!!

im not sure if it was fair to kick him out over the phobia but im not here to judge either.

Haha I know it wasnt fair...But he kind of knows about my fear and im sure he knew that was the reason. I feel really bad, but my fear is horrible. I start shaking, crying, and I just want to run far far away...its bad.

Exclamation Re: Need advice!!

I just want help

i wish i could help you more but ive got emet too. if you have the funds and resources id seek treatment with a therapist. maybe sit down with your boyfriend and family and discuss it with them. whatever you do, good luck!

Thank you! I am going to talk to my doctor...I am just embarrassed about it. I think talking to people on here could help me some!

Quote Originally Posted by ginger_02 View Post
    Thank you! I am going to talk to my doctor...I am just embarrassed about it. I think talking to people on here could help me some!

it does help being on here but the best advice would be from a licensed doctor or therapist.