Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: another cold!

Default another cold!

I`m just trying to shake off my 4th cold since October, & I`m wondering just what the h*ll is wrong with my immune system, I mean the weather has been quite mild, so I can`t figure out where all these cold viruses are coming from. I`m also very worried that repeated colds will weaken my immune system further, & make me more susceptible to noro.

Default Re: another cold!

I get about 4 or 5 colds every winter, about 10 a year in total, but i put it down to the fact i have asthma and find it hard to shake off illnesses like that. I have been like this since a young child and am now 25 and i have only caught noro once in the last 14 years and i didnt even v from it (touch wood), so i dont think it will make you anymore likely to catch noro x

Do you take any supplements at all? I take mega doses of vitamins and maybe get one cold every five years, and it's mild even then.
    I would definitely do stuff to boost your immune system and wash your hands frequently. I also agree that it won't make you more suseptible to noro. In fact, your immune system is actually at its strongest right after you get over a cold...

I take cod liver oil, because I need vitamin D, as I don`t get a lot of sun, & it`s also supposed to promote joint health, & I want to try & protect myself from arthritis as I get older.

Try taking zinc supplements with a well balanced diet.

I have had about 10 colds since autumn 2010 - and have just recovered from about my 4th one since the summer. I just pick them up like nobody's business!

It can even be a sign of your immune system overreacting to the virus - i.e its response is a bit too effective. Your immune system is fighting them off but at the same time you're getting all these symptoms as a result. Seems a bit of a paradox in a way but might be a good thing.

Also it doesn't mean you will get noro or anything like that. I clearly have sensitive sinuses as I get colds really badly, but my stomach is strong in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    I`m just trying to shake off my 4th cold since October, & I`m wondering just what the h*ll is wrong with my immune system, I mean the weather has been quite mild, so I can`t figure out where all these cold viruses are coming from. I`m also very worried that repeated colds will weaken my immune system further, & make me more susceptible to noro.
    I think you've just answered your question with the mild weather...the off and on changes haven't helped anybody...I've had two colds since December and thought I was goin nuts because I like never *knocks on wood* get sick.

Feel better soon!

i know your frustration in being sick. my two girls have had this cold off an on since september. it might be allergies too but it still sucks!