Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New Here

Hybrid View

Default New Here

Hi,

First, it's comforting to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Sometimes it feels like that.

I've definitely come a long way from where I started with this phobia but it still sucks. Especially this time of year.

Here's my story:
    I was diagnosed with anxiety/depression at the age of 14. My primary symptom was nausea. Long story short, because I was so nauseas all of the time because of the anxiety, it brought on a fear of vomiting. It's a vicious cycle because I get nauseas from anxiety, then get worried I'm sick, then get more nauseas. I haven't actually been sick in 10 years but I worry about it everyday, especially working in retail. Sometimes when I feel nauseas, I just want to get sick and get it over with, but then I get too scared. I don't know exactly what it is that I'm scared of.

I'd love to talk to you guys.

Default Re: New Here

We are definitely here to talk and to listen!
    ☮ ♥ emma

Default Re: New Here

Hi Camden1 Well, figuring out exactly what it is about v* that scares you is a good start...I think for most, it's the control (or lack of). I can completely relate to the vicious cycle you mentioned - it's a nightmare. The more you worry, the more sick you feel, the more you worry, the worse your nausea becomes...and so on. Urgh. Have you built any coping mechanisms over the years to distract you from the anxiety?